Nerdfighters

So, what books are people reading right now? What are they about? What do you think of them? Would you recommend them?

I tend to read two or three books at a time. Currently, I'm making my way through the following:
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
  • Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

I only just started Ishmael, but The Omnivore's Dilemma is very good.

Tags: books

Views: 8349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller for AP Lit. I don't know what to think about it at the moment, haven't finished yet. It's pretty good so far. 

Just finished Looking for Alaska and I can't wait to read An Abundance of Katherines. :) 

DON"T READ Seventeenth Summer....It's not very exciting. :P
Woman In Mind (December Bee) by Alan Ayckbourn
I'm reading The Devil's Highway. It's the story of a group of Mexican's illegal journey into the United States. I would definitely recommend it.
I'm reading Paper Towns. :)

What is it about? I haven't been able to find anything on it online.:)

Right now I'm re-discovering the magic of Harry Potter.

Then I will probably read It's Kind Of A Funny Story.

My Ántonia by Willa Cather. At first it was only because it was on the list of books we had to choose from for my AP Lit class and it was the only book on that list that was at the used bookstore. I thought it would be dry and dull. I didn't know what it was about but I'm enjoying it so far.
I'm reading the book thief. Thoroughly enjoying it :)
I just finished The Prisoner of Azkaban so now onto the Goblet of Fire. Again.
I'm reading Night by Elie Wiesel I probably just butchured his name it's about the holocaust

Einstein Never Used Flash Cards: It's kinda interesting. It is for my infant class. I never really took a class that focused on just infants and I find it kinda fascinating. 

Pride and Prejudice -Jane Austen : I got it free and I never read it, so I figured I might as well.

Other than that =[ I haven't really read much lately because of college. I really want to get back into reading. Maybe this summer I'll go to the library weekly and scout out some books. Admittedly I never read John Green's books. I need to get to doing this. =P

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service