Nerdfighters

So, what books are people reading right now? What are they about? What do you think of them? Would you recommend them?

I tend to read two or three books at a time. Currently, I'm making my way through the following:
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
  • Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

I only just started Ishmael, but The Omnivore's Dilemma is very good.

Tags: books

Views: 8346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just finished the Harry Potter series 1:45 am.  It's now nearly 8 and I've been in a weepy haze ever since.  I . . . just . . . it's OVER???  How am I supposed to function?????? 

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin. I'm... kind of obsessed. 

i'm currently immersing myself in john green's books, and i just finished looking for alaska, and now am on an abundance of katherines.

What type of book is The Omnivoer's Dilemma and Ishamel? Just curious.. I'm trying to broaden my reading horizons lol

I'm reading And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

I'm reading the Annotated Emma,  Three Men in a Boat by Jerome, and Tom Jones by Fielding

I just finished The perks of being a wallflower, it is amazing. The story and writing reminds me of Looking for Alaska. 

But now I am reading the 5th book to the Gone Novels, by Micheal Grant. The 2nd one is my favorite. They are absolutely amazing. It is about how all the adults disappear from a town, they are all "gone" c; Get it? And the kids mysteriously develop powers. And of course the town is insulated. So the kids have to face everything, starvation, water supply, and of course, they have to battle for power. 

• The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
  • The Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

I'm reading through The Girl... series and so far I love it. The first book, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was a bit more interesting I think but the series is carrying on well.

And Sherlock Holmes, well is there much need to even comment?

Looking For Alaska(: it's pretty good. 

my brother and sister have both recommended Death Note  just haven't gotten around to it.

Just started to re-read Kitty Goes to Washington by Carrie Vaughn

I'm re-reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke & just started White Cat by Holly Black. c:

My mom read The Omnivore's Dilemma a while back, I do actually want to read that haha. Tell me how you like it!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service