Nerdfighters

So, what books are people reading right now? What are they about? What do you think of them? Would you recommend them?

I tend to read two or three books at a time. Currently, I'm making my way through the following:
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
  • Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

I only just started Ishmael, but The Omnivore's Dilemma is very good.

Tags: books

Views: 8507

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm re-reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke & just started White Cat by Holly Black. c:

My mom read The Omnivore's Dilemma a while back, I do actually want to read that haha. Tell me how you like it!

I'm reading TimeRiders: The Eternal War, by Alex Scarrow. It's the fourth in the series, it's quite good! :D

Dance on my grave by Aidan Chambers. well done.

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

Just finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, and I am still amazed at how good it was. Everybody should read it! (I didn't like the movie that much though..)

Oceans of Blood by Darren Shan :]

I am currently reading I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb and An Abundance of Katherines by John Green.

I'm 150 pages into I Know This Much Is True and it's fairly good, kind of slow. Could be it's 500 or something pages. I literally just started reading An Abundance of Katherines, but I'm sure it'll be amazing.

I read I Know This Much is True last fall, and I enjoyed it. :) It was a little slow at some points, though. And there were awkward parts, but I liked it.

Homer's Iliad. Epic. It's a very intense read though so I'm pondering of reading some lighter material alongside it.

I'm reading three books right now:

• Looking for Alaska by John Green
  • Hamlet by Shakespeare (obviously...)
  • A book of poems by Emily Dickinson

I REALLY love Looking For Alaska, but I guess that's sort of a reason I'm on this website. It's my first time reading it, and I'm about halfway through. I really love the insight that this book gives to hard subjects, so I would definitely recommend it. I'm reading Hamlet for my English class right now, but surprisingly I like Shakespeare, so I'd recommend that too. I sort of liked the dramatic ending. And Emily Dickinson is awesome, so you should definitely read her poems. :) I like them a lot too.

read the Legend of Drizzt graphic novel last night, now on to the Dresden Files with Storm Front

awesome stuff so far.  Butcher is such a nerd... heh, snickersnack...

anyway, just got into Fool Moon and i'm reading up on asl

Dead Man's Folly by Agatha Christie

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service