Nerdfighters

So, what books are people reading right now? What are they about? What do you think of them? Would you recommend them?

I tend to read two or three books at a time. Currently, I'm making my way through the following:
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
  • Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

I only just started Ishmael, but The Omnivore's Dilemma is very good.

Tags: books

Views: 8328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm reading TimeRiders: The Eternal War, by Alex Scarrow. It's the fourth in the series, it's quite good! :D

Dance on my grave by Aidan Chambers. well done.

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

Just finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, and I am still amazed at how good it was. Everybody should read it! (I didn't like the movie that much though..)

Oceans of Blood by Darren Shan :]

I am currently reading I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb and An Abundance of Katherines by John Green.

I'm 150 pages into I Know This Much Is True and it's fairly good, kind of slow. Could be it's 500 or something pages. I literally just started reading An Abundance of Katherines, but I'm sure it'll be amazing.

I read I Know This Much is True last fall, and I enjoyed it. :) It was a little slow at some points, though. And there were awkward parts, but I liked it.

Homer's Iliad. Epic. It's a very intense read though so I'm pondering of reading some lighter material alongside it.

I'm reading three books right now:

• Looking for Alaska by John Green
  • Hamlet by Shakespeare (obviously...)
  • A book of poems by Emily Dickinson

I REALLY love Looking For Alaska, but I guess that's sort of a reason I'm on this website. It's my first time reading it, and I'm about halfway through. I really love the insight that this book gives to hard subjects, so I would definitely recommend it. I'm reading Hamlet for my English class right now, but surprisingly I like Shakespeare, so I'd recommend that too. I sort of liked the dramatic ending. And Emily Dickinson is awesome, so you should definitely read her poems. :) I like them a lot too.

read the Legend of Drizzt graphic novel last night, now on to the Dresden Files with Storm Front

awesome stuff so far.  Butcher is such a nerd... heh, snickersnack...

anyway, just got into Fool Moon and i'm reading up on asl

Dead Man's Folly by Agatha Christie

i so want her next one to be out already.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service