Nerdfighters

So, what books are people reading right now? What are they about? What do you think of them? Would you recommend them?

I tend to read two or three books at a time. Currently, I'm making my way through the following:
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
  • Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

I only just started Ishmael, but The Omnivore's Dilemma is very good.

Tags: books

Views: 8347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm reading where it began by Ann Redisch Stampler and am starting The Red Circle by Brandon Webb.

Right now I'm reading

-Will Grayson, Will Grayson

-The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight

-Her Fearful Symmetry

I'd have to rate them...lol in the same way they're listed. ;)

I really enjoyed The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight! How are you liking it?

It's really great so far. I'm not very far through it, but I really like it. :)

Reading Mists of Avalon and it is absolutely amazing!!!!! I would recommend it to anyone who loves medieval times and doesn't mind a really long book.

I loved Mists of Avalon! Are you done yet? And are you going to read the sequels/prequels?

I just finished Between You and I: A Little Book of Bad English By James Cochrane, which was like heaven in a hardback for a language nerd! I picked it up from my favourite secondhand bookshop, and it's basically just filled with an old guy's (or so I imagined- I pictured him in a smoking jacket, with a pipe, reading a broadsheet) rantings over the incorrect usage of a large collection of words and phrases in modern English. Appeals directly to my inner curmudgeon!

I've barely started Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer, and am absolutely hooked so far.

I'm reading Moby Dick... It's so haarrdd :'( I seriously do not think that it has ever taken me so long to read a book... I'm up to chapter 40 and it has taken me two whole weeks to get here. I don't even know if I'm going to be able to finish it. It is seriously the strangest book I have ever read... Just the way it's narrated is weird. Like up until now it's been sort of normal, but at chapter 40 it just breaks out into, I don't know, like, scripts for a play. But every now and then I will just come across a line that is written so wonderfully and is just so beautiful that I force myself to keep going. Has anyone here read it? Did you like it? Should I keep reading it, or let it be the first book that I haven't finished? 

I am currently reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, it's really good so far.

Well, I'm reading Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare... :P

catching fire

buffy the vampire slayer  book 2. BAM.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service