Nerdfighters

So, what books are people reading right now? What are they about? What do you think of them? Would you recommend them?

I tend to read two or three books at a time. Currently, I'm making my way through the following:
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
  • Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

I only just started Ishmael, but The Omnivore's Dilemma is very good.

Tags: books

Views: 8499

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

buffy the vampire slayer  book 2. BAM.

Game of Thornes book one. It is a bit boring in the beginning, but once you get going you can't stop ^~^

Reading the second book (A Clash of Kings) at the mo, they get really good trust me! :D

Death Masks and as soon as i can get to the library, i'll actually be participating in this year's blurbing book club and reading Farenheit 451

Looking for Alaska.  Been a longtime follower of vlogbrothers but was never interested "teen fiction" so I never bothered to read any of John's books.  Long story short: I picked up this book, and I'm only about 75 pages in, but I know understand why people love his work!

From what I've read so far, I'd highly recommend it.  Not sure if the book is right for everyone, but I'm going to be a junior in high school next year so I'm reading this book at the perfect time.

Right now I am reading Interworld by Neil Gaiman and Micheal...Reaves perhaps? It's pretty good and for younger readers so I can blow right through it. And, much to my chagrin, I am also reading Master of the Universe. It's awful but I can't stop I'm too much of a lolfan.

Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens

Burr by Gore Vidal

I'm reading a lot right now, especially since my book count took a severe hit this past month. My 2012 reading goal is to read a book per week (52 books total) but I'm a few books behind schedule.

Right now I'm reading:

Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach

Hit Lit: Cracking the Code of the Twentieth Century's Biggest Bestsellers by James W. Hall

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly

Supernatural: Witch's Canyon by Jeff Mariotte

I'm also re-reading

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

I loved reading Running with scissors, Kite Runner, Perks ... loved those books so much!

I am reading Looking for Alaska by the great John Green .  well you all know that book , it took me a long time to get the book since we really get the books soo late in my country so I have to order them -.- I ordered '' TFIOS'' also .

I was reading Interview With A Vampire by Anne Rice but I was interrupted by starting to read A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin. Damn you Game of Thrones.

Why Didn't They Ask Evans? by Agatha Christie

Murder for Christmas by Agatha Christie

Dog On It by Spencer Quinn

The Frightened Man by Kenneth Cameron

We Wish To Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families by Philip Gourevitch

A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

As you might be able to tell from all but Gourevitch's book, I've recently stumbled upon the mystery genre, and I'm loving it. Dog On It isn't exactly the type of book I'd normally read, since it's narrated from a dog's point of view and I usually only go for books with talking animals (though this isn't a talking dog, but you still get to know his opinion on everything and his personality, so it's the same effect) if they're very humorous, like in The Keeper's Chronicles by Tanya Huff.

Anyway, I'm definitely enjoying all of them so far.

Ooh, and after a good three or four months of waiting I'm finally first on the hold list at my library for House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski, so hopefully I'll be working on that in a week or two. I'm so excited!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service