Nerdfighters

So, what books are people reading right now? What are they about? What do you think of them? Would you recommend them?

I tend to read two or three books at a time. Currently, I'm making my way through the following:
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
  • Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

I only just started Ishmael, but The Omnivore's Dilemma is very good.

Tags: books

Views: 8519

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Re-reading Katherines

I loved Ishmael, hope you like it, too!    The sequel's pretty great, too.

Is it? That's good to hear. Admittedly I'm having a little bit of trouble starting it. Probably because I'm more interested in the other book.

cool me too

I'm reading Wheel of Time series, on book 10. D: I really do love the series, they're just so long...

I just finished Paper Towns, which was amazing. :3

Awesome, I'm actually reading book 10 too! I think it's great... but this one seems to be very slow, I'm about 300 pages in, and I don't think much has happened I couldn't gather from book 9, and the blurb of book 10&11. Oh well, it's still the greatest story telling I've ever experienced :D

I just started re-reading that as well!  I started reading it back in High School and got to book seven before I had to put it down so I could focus on school.  I just started book one last week.  I really missed it!  Such a wonderful story!
I'm reading Wheel of Time too!  :D  Love them!  Though I'm only on book 7.

I'm reading Lullabies for Little Children

I'm looking forward to reading Angel Time by Anne Rice. 

Re: Nation: oheymetoo
I LOVE THAT HANK QUOTE. God, best Hank moment evar. <3
I just finished Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones, which was of course very good, like everything by DWJ. House of Many Ways is up next, of course, at which point Intrigues by Mercedes Lackey will have arrived in the mail. :D

Ohh I've read that before, it wasn't my favorite of her books but it was still pretty good :)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service