Nerdfighters

So, what books are people reading right now? What are they about? What do you think of them? Would you recommend them?

I tend to read two or three books at a time. Currently, I'm making my way through the following:
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
  • Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

I only just started Ishmael, but The Omnivore's Dilemma is very good.

Tags: books

Views: 8476

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right now I am reading The Scorch Trials by James Dashner. So far it is amazing!

Just finished looking for Alaska. On to the next John novel :D

I'm reading Lord Loss by Darren Shan ^_^

I just read "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs .ITs really amazing. I hope he is going to publish more Books soon 

about to start Catching Fire!!!

Reading The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien 

Just finished The Catcher In The Rye, and watched John's critical reading blogs for It of course! It was extremely enjoyable and so sad at the same time. I recently re-read the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, which is amazing!!

I just started Moby Dick today, and so far really like it...:3

I've been  trying to read The Fault in Our Stars but stupid college keeps getting in the way. That's what I get for taking two lit classes at once. That's about all I have going for me right now. Also, I'm working on Born of Fire by Sherrilyn Kenyon. 

I'm reading Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd. an anthology featuring a story by John Green. I really like it so far and think that everyone who geeks about things should read it. :)

After taking like, six weeks to read the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, because of uni, I started Maureen Johnson's The Name of the Star yesterday. I gave myself a challenge- for every 10 pages of my psych text that I read, I could read ten pages of the novel. Well, 10 psych pages and 80 novel pages later...

i know the feeling

I just finished Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. It's about the Lithuanians deported during WWII by Stalin- not all that common of a topic. If any of you are into historical fiction, I'd definitely recommend it!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service