Nerdfighters

So, what books are people reading right now? What are they about? What do you think of them? Would you recommend them?

I tend to read two or three books at a time. Currently, I'm making my way through the following:
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
  • Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

I only just started Ishmael, but The Omnivore's Dilemma is very good.

Tags: books

Views: 8456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm reading the latest book in the Vampire Academy series. I'm not really into the whole vampire fad, but this series is pretty good. And my mother seems to hate buying books because I want to go every day.. So I have to just read what she already has.

I'm reading Abundance of Katherines, Fahrenheit 451, Needful Things (Stephen King), A Confederacy of Dunces, Zodiac (Robert Graysmith) and I'm working my way through the first five books of the old testament. I have a small tumblr where I keep a list of books I have read and am reading. approvedisapprove at tumblr. 

I'm reading A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. A damn good book so far and I'd recommend it to everyone, especially those not hugely acquainted with science and the like. It's quite an information-heavy book though so I think I'll have to start reading another book on the side. I'm thinking The Hound of the Baskervilles.

not sure why i hadn't listed these... but i recently read the audio copy of David Lubar's Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie which i recommend as it's a book about books/writing.. 

i'm also almost done with Curse of the Spider King by Wayne Batson and Christopher Hopper...or is it Christopher Hopper and Wayne Batson?  :D

Finished reading the Hunger Games Trilogy. Finished "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" which I found to be a brilliant piece of literature. For a bit of mindless laughter, I've started reading Brent Crawford's "Carter's Big Break". I previously read his "Carter Finally Gets It" and thoroughly enjoyed the workings of a 15 year old Will Carter's brain.

I'm currently reading "The Red Pony" by John Steinbeck.

Steinbeck never fails me.

I feel the same way :)

I'm reading A Game of Thrones. It's really good:)

Just finished going through some DC related backlogs, so right now I'm in the beginning of Wonder Boys and You Are Not A Gadget. No matter how many times I read Chabon I keep falling in love with his writing style.

I'm currently (re)reading A Game of Thrones, by George RR Martin. Next in the queue though is THE FAULT IN OUR STARS YEEEAAAAAAH.

it's not like i'm a published author, so i know that i have no room to talk, but i'm having issues with Venom and Song

i keep hearing really great things.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service