Nerdfighters

So, what books are people reading right now? What are they about? What do you think of them? Would you recommend them?

I tend to read two or three books at a time. Currently, I'm making my way through the following:
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
  • Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

I only just started Ishmael, but The Omnivore's Dilemma is very good.

Tags: books

Views: 8349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm currently reading Animal Farm for a summer Lit. assignment, along with Of Mice and Men, A Tale of Two Cities, and Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, and I'm loving all of them! :) 

Today, instead of doing my summer homework, I read two books: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and Where Things Come Back. I loved BitSP to bits, even though I wanted to cry reading the end--it's absolutely shocking. I didn't like WTCB very much: I disliked the main character, and though I did find a lot of very interesting character developments, I still just couldn't bring myself to truly love it.

I'm planning on reading the Kite Runner later this summer.

Slated by Teri Terry.

I love it. My mom recommanded it to me but halfway through the book I discovered it is a series and the next book will be released summer 2013. Now I'm quite sad :']

I'm reading Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides and it's really good!

Dead Beat

'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' by John Berendt.

I'm not one who takes a long time to read a book (more like a book a day kind of girl), but I've been reading this for THREE WEEKS. It's not that it's inherently bad, it's just that it's not inherently, well, good. There's waaay too much detail and names that in no way benefit the plot (though, I guess, because it's nonfiction Berendt felt it was needed? who knows). Not recommended. 

It is a work of nonfiction. It reads like fiction.

I'm reading The Golden Compass and I just started The Girl who heard Dragons 

I they're both great

I'm reading two books at the moment...

Rebel Heart by Moira Young, which is the sequel to Blood Red Road and also A Witch In Love by Ruth Warburton, the sequel to A Witch In Winter.

I'm enjoying both, but I'm finding it difficult to make the time to read right now.

i'm on to Proven Guilty and we've got two of my other brother's friends started on the series.

I'm reading the latest book in the Vampire Academy series. I'm not really into the whole vampire fad, but this series is pretty good. And my mother seems to hate buying books because I want to go every day.. So I have to just read what she already has.

I'm reading Abundance of Katherines, Fahrenheit 451, Needful Things (Stephen King), A Confederacy of Dunces, Zodiac (Robert Graysmith) and I'm working my way through the first five books of the old testament. I have a small tumblr where I keep a list of books I have read and am reading. approvedisapprove at tumblr. 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service