Nerdfighters

So, what books are people reading right now? What are they about? What do you think of them? Would you recommend them?

I tend to read two or three books at a time. Currently, I'm making my way through the following:
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
  • Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

I only just started Ishmael, but The Omnivore's Dilemma is very good.

Tags: books

Views: 8520

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm reading Abundance of Katherines, Fahrenheit 451, Needful Things (Stephen King), A Confederacy of Dunces, Zodiac (Robert Graysmith) and I'm working my way through the first five books of the old testament. I have a small tumblr where I keep a list of books I have read and am reading. approvedisapprove at tumblr. 

I'm reading A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. A damn good book so far and I'd recommend it to everyone, especially those not hugely acquainted with science and the like. It's quite an information-heavy book though so I think I'll have to start reading another book on the side. I'm thinking The Hound of the Baskervilles.

not sure why i hadn't listed these... but i recently read the audio copy of David Lubar's Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie which i recommend as it's a book about books/writing.. 

i'm also almost done with Curse of the Spider King by Wayne Batson and Christopher Hopper...or is it Christopher Hopper and Wayne Batson?  :D

Finished reading the Hunger Games Trilogy. Finished "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" which I found to be a brilliant piece of literature. For a bit of mindless laughter, I've started reading Brent Crawford's "Carter's Big Break". I previously read his "Carter Finally Gets It" and thoroughly enjoyed the workings of a 15 year old Will Carter's brain.

I'm currently reading "The Red Pony" by John Steinbeck.

Steinbeck never fails me.

I feel the same way :)

I'm reading A Game of Thrones. It's really good:)

Just finished going through some DC related backlogs, so right now I'm in the beginning of Wonder Boys and You Are Not A Gadget. No matter how many times I read Chabon I keep falling in love with his writing style.

I'm currently (re)reading A Game of Thrones, by George RR Martin. Next in the queue though is THE FAULT IN OUR STARS YEEEAAAAAAH.

it's not like i'm a published author, so i know that i have no room to talk, but i'm having issues with Venom and Song

i keep hearing really great things.

Catch-22 - Joseph Heller

I'm currently about 3/4 of the way through and so far it has been 90% frustration at the horrific attempts at satire and 10% wonder at how such a bad author could come up with such brilliant concepts.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service