Nerdfighters

So, what books are people reading right now? What are they about? What do you think of them? Would you recommend them?

I tend to read two or three books at a time. Currently, I'm making my way through the following:
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
  • Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

I only just started Ishmael, but The Omnivore's Dilemma is very good.

Tags: books

Views: 8619

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Finished reading the Hunger Games Trilogy. Finished "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" which I found to be a brilliant piece of literature. For a bit of mindless laughter, I've started reading Brent Crawford's "Carter's Big Break". I previously read his "Carter Finally Gets It" and thoroughly enjoyed the workings of a 15 year old Will Carter's brain.

I'm currently reading "The Red Pony" by John Steinbeck.

Steinbeck never fails me.

I feel the same way :)

I'm reading A Game of Thrones. It's really good:)

Just finished going through some DC related backlogs, so right now I'm in the beginning of Wonder Boys and You Are Not A Gadget. No matter how many times I read Chabon I keep falling in love with his writing style.

I'm currently (re)reading A Game of Thrones, by George RR Martin. Next in the queue though is THE FAULT IN OUR STARS YEEEAAAAAAH.

it's not like i'm a published author, so i know that i have no room to talk, but i'm having issues with Venom and Song

i keep hearing really great things.

Catch-22 - Joseph Heller

I'm currently about 3/4 of the way through and so far it has been 90% frustration at the horrific attempts at satire and 10% wonder at how such a bad author could come up with such brilliant concepts.

got through White Night a couple days ago.  now i'm about 90 pages into Small Favor and i'm four(?) chapters in my reread of the first Harry Potter via audiobook

I am about 50 pages into "The Picture of Dorian Grey" and really enjoying it so far.

I'm reading ROOM by Emma Donoghue, it's incredibly gripping and that sounds cliche but it's just really good, however it is extremely intense. I would recommend it, but it is pretty heavy. Also, the first 75 pages or so of the book aren't actually that interesting, but they give an understanding of the characters in the book, a mother and son who have spent their whole lives trapped in a single room.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2015   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service