Nerdfighters

Tell everyone what you're reading currently, page status, and thoughts/comments on what you've read so far?!

I am currently reading 1984 by George Orwell.  

I'm approximately 50% done.  I am enjoying it so far.  It isn't my usual genre, though. The dates and names are hard to follow, but it doesn't seem to prevent me from understanding the story.  Winston and I would be good friends if ever we had the chance to meet.  

Your turn...

Views: 1497

Replies to This Discussion

I'm Reading jonathan strange and mr norrell Susanna Clarke

OH! That's on my list... I'm reading 100 books in a month. 

At the moment I'm reading:

Clive Barker's The Hellbound Heart and Erico Verissimo's (A Brazilian Writer) The night.

Both are great but I would not recommend reading Barker's book after seeing Hellraizer.

It kind of ruins the plot.

I just started The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton and am really liking it! The language, decadence of atmosphere, and scandal...swoon! Anyone else read it?

Finished Will Greyson Will Greyson and now I'm onto Gold by Isaac Asimov.

Pinocchio. I was not expecting it to be this surreal or disjointed, it reads like a bad-meat dream.

I received The Fault in Our Stars today! (totally forgot it was coming) and I'm about half way through it. I'm really enjoying it  however I am fearful of the ending...

1984 was seriously hard for me to get through. However, if you enjoy it then you should definitely check out Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. It's pretty much a way better version of 1984.

I am still in doubt which book I prefer. I read 1984 and Brave New World right after it. Both books just took a whole different approach of the future - in 1984 everything is worse and undeveloped, in Brave New World it's highly developed, but it's a philosophical question whether or not it's better or worse, in my opinion. I think Brave New World was harder to read in the beginning because sometimes the English was hard for me, but it was way more addictive for me than 1984 because the world seemed so fantastic with all these new thingies, and 1984 gave me claustrofobia.

Either way, I think everyone should read both books.

abundance of katherines!!!!!!!!!!! love love love colin such a cutie:)

Skyship Academy: The Pearl Wars

I am about half way through its good a little predictable but still very good.

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks so far it's alright.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service