Nerdfighters

Tell everyone what you're reading currently, page status, and thoughts/comments on what you've read so far?!

I am currently reading 1984 by George Orwell.  

I'm approximately 50% done.  I am enjoying it so far.  It isn't my usual genre, though. The dates and names are hard to follow, but it doesn't seem to prevent me from understanding the story.  Winston and I would be good friends if ever we had the chance to meet.  

Your turn...

Views: 1511

Replies to This Discussion

I recently went on a crazy book binge at my library. So, here's my reading list. 

1. Horrible Histories: Amazing Egyptians by Terry Deary (I love these books so much. They're short, cute and funny and the illustrations are fantastic.)
  2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (I know I'm a bit late in reading this. Oh well, I know it's a good book so I'm looking forward to it.)
  3. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (I woke up one day, in horror that I had not read nearly enough Neil Gaiman. I am working to remedy that now.)
  4. Dear George Clooney, Please Marry My Mother by Susin Nielsen (It's part of this annual reading-reader's choice awards thingy we have in Canada called Red Maple. I'm looking forward to this book because it looks really cute and seems like just a fun read.)
  5. When Blue Meant Yellow by Jeanne Heifetz (This is a non-fiction book and I thought it looked really cool. It seems fascinating too, it's basically about the history of colours. It's a bit unusual but it just is interesting.)
  6. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (read ALL the Neil Gaiman!)
  7. Half Brother by Kenneth Oppel (This book, too, I picked up only because it just seemed extremely interesting. It's about a boy who wants a brother and then his parents adopt a chimpanzee. I'm really looking forward to this one. It's nice and thick too!) 
  8. What Janie Found by Caroline B. Cooney (I'm extremely excited to be finally finishing off the Janie series! It has not disappointed me so far so I'm really looking forward to finishing Janie's story off.) 

So, that's that. Wish me luck? 

Nah, this will be fun. :)

Okay, so I haven't actually made any progress in this reading list. I've actually taken a step in the opposite direction. 

I bought 4 books:

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

Will Greyson, Will Greyson by John Green and David Leviathan

The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

The Universe Black Holes and Stuff by Glenn Murphy. 

Don't worry. This will happen. 

._. <-- adamant face.   

Katherines and Greyson are my two favorite Green books :) Besides the recent TFIOS

I've heard good reviews of both, although my logic being "They're by John Green heck yeah they'll be awesome!" I haven't yet gotten around to reading them, I know I know, shame on me. But homework is a heartless wench, dead set on leaching away all of my time. But yeah, Paper Towns being the first John Green book I ever read + fell in love with will always be my favourite. 

Im.reading Charms for the Easy Life. Anyone ever heard about it? I didnt. Found it in a second hand shop. I also bought 3 Anne Rice novels there.

I am reading Ghosts Among Us by Leslie Rule. I liked the beginning, but I'm about 100 pages from finishing and it's just become dull to me :\
Before that I had read The Stranger and One Day.

I'm reading Hunger Games - Mockingjay I almost finished to read. I still have three chapters to read ! It is not my favorite books of Hunger Games, but I really like it :)

I love the Hunger Games series, that isn't my favourite book either but it is nice to read os you get an ending to the series :)

I'm currently reading Life As We Knew It de Susan Beth Pfeffer. Pretty good, so far!

Oh my god, I loved that book. For some reason it really affected me. I dunno, I was kind of scared as I read it since everything felt so real. I almost thought we were actually running out of food or something, and I got really paranoid and I couldn't sleep. But in the end it was worth it because it is just so good. It was just really realistic and the fact that it was written in a diary format made it even more real. 

I hope you like it so far. I loved it and it's definitely one of my favourite book of all time. 

Oh my... That's exactly how I felt this morning. Scared to run out of food, worried about the proximity of the moon... But I can't help but reading it when I have a moment.

A friend lend it to me without letting me a choice, for now I'm glad she did! ^^

I am reading Looking for Alaska, by John Green !! :D (I'm reading it in French... But I'm gonna read his other books in English :P)

Did you love it ?

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service