Nerdfighters

Did it make you laugh, cry, angry!?

What is it and tell me about it!

Tags: book, books, favorite

Views: 2017

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

agreed! :)

I guess no one really has one favorite book. 

Theres so many great reads out there! :)

The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge

I love it. It's beautifully written.

whats it about? :)

My favorite book is definitely Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin.  It is beautifully and eloquently written, very easily taking you back to Austin's era.  The characters are also well-developed, and there is a surprising amount of humor intertwined within the romance.

My favorite series of books is Harry Potter.  Although I believe that the writing quality lacks sometimes, the overall story and its beautiful complexity overrides the imperfections in the rhetoric.

That's a really tough question...I think I'd have to go with 1984 by George Orwell. There are a lot of other great books that I've read, such as Harry Potter, but I choose this one because it really makes you think. It's a rather frightening and sad book, but it's still really good. The book is basically about a dystopian society where every sound and movement you make is recorded by the government. The government, simply called The Party, aims to make free thought impossible. They also take records and destroy or alter them so that they have a good reputation. If you do anything against the government you are taken away by the Thought Police, and you are given the death penalty without a trial or anything, and after that everyone acts as if you never existed.

Oh, and when I figured out what the phrase "Under the spreading chestnut tree I sold you and you sold me" at the end of the book meant, I literally felt a chill go down my spine. 

Honestly I could talk about this book for hours, but I'll stop here for now. XD

oh yeah, i heard that basically the book is about our society

it sounds like it can definitely relate to today 

Yeah, it's really creepy how similar the book and our society today are.

pretty much like movie network 

I've never seen that movie, is it good?

its pretty old

and yeah its excellent

you'd like it!

Okay, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the reccomendation. :) DFTBA!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service