Nerdfighters

Did it make you laugh, cry, angry!?

What is it and tell me about it!

Tags: book, books, favorite

Views: 2005

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Harry Potter.

At times it made me laugh, and other times it made me cry. It's been with me for as long as I can remember. I've grown to care for the characters; It was there when I was bullied, and it was there when I needed an escape. It's my childhood. It made me believe in never giving up. I was taught how to love, and fight for those who I love. I've probably read each book ten times if not more, and I never get bored of it. I'll never forget the excitement before a movie premiere or a book release. I guess lots of people like it; And the amazing thing about Harry Potter is that everyone has their own story with it. For me, It was there when I had no one, and I appreciate J.K Rowling for that.
k. speech over.

<3 god i wish hogwarts was real!

ever been to harry potter world in florida?

i heard its amazing!

Looking for Alaska.  Hands down the best book I have ever read.  

♡♡♡

My favorites are Looking for Alaska, The Fault in Our Stars, and The Pale Assassin. The first two are listed because they both have great characters, wonderful plot-lines, and are amazing examples of American-English Literature. Most importantly though, they provide their readers with every possible emotion, and in the least awkward/ most fluid way imaginable.

The Pale Assassin is my third favorite because it is based in France during the French Revolution (and I just love that time period, even though it was one of despair), and because it includes the French language, romance, and a plot of mystery.

I agree - looking for alaska is probably my favourite too. Have you ever read "Tale of two Cities" by dickens? it  kind of fits the description of why you like the pale assassin (dickens can be a bit tough to get though but totally worth it)

I've personally never read anything by Dickens, although I am vaguely familiar with "Tale of Two Cities." It's definitely something I would put on my book-reading Bucket List.

TFIOS and looking for alaska defiantly brought out many emotions<3

Really hard.....O.o I think the book I have read the most times is The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope (It´s a children´s historical fiction "mystery"ish book that I inexplicably love to death). But my all-time favorite is probably Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis. It´s by far the best re-telling of an ancient myth that I have ever read, and the way it portrays possesive love is incredible. I would definitely reccomend it to all :)

nice!!!!

Which myth is it a re-telling of? It sounds interesting :)

It´s a re-telling of Cupid and Psyche, but from the perspective of Psyche´s older sister Orual. The whole book is Orual telling her story in this big accusation against the gods. Seriously worth reading :)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service