Nerdfighters

I am very aware that to many of us Nerdfighters, typos are bad things. We try to avoid them, and are really quite annoyed by them.
However (and I don't know if it's just me), from time to time you come across a typo that just somehow appeals to you. This thread is dedicated to those strangely likable typos.
Feel free to contribute. (I was so close to writing bontribute. Which is a good start to this thread)

You are also very welcome to write where you first encountered the typo, and perhaps why it appeals to you. :)

Tags: favourite, likable, strange, typo, typos

Views: 1939

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most of the time I write boi  instead of boy. Nobody seems to care much though. =)

My friend was taking a French test and we had to translate the word "pauvre" (poor) and she accidentally wrote "poop". It seems extraordinarily stupid now, but it was hilarious when it happened.

That awkward moment when you forget the 'r' in 'shirt' on a standardized test.

...And you happen to be eight at the time...

(Also, not entirely a typo, but a friend once tried to start a chain message that ended with '88% of you wont forward this, but 22% of you care'.)

On a shirt my mom got from the company she works with, they spelled logistics as 'logisitics'. They recalled all the shirts, printed new ones, and they still spelled logisitics. So now, probably over 200 workers have logisitics printed on their shirts.

Also,in a Bible my mom owns, they misspelled scroll in a few verses. So instead of saying "Lo, I see a flying scroll coming over the hill." etc., it read "Lo, I see a flying roll coming over the hill." and so on. She could not stop laughing while reading it.

I wrote "frustated with my arm still encased in a cat" in my NaNoWriMo

once i wanted to write "deeply depressing" (in an ironic way, of course), but wrote "deepressing" instead. i think it makes for a good shortcut

I write apartment as appartment and I like it , it looks better in my head.

In the Twilight series, in two different books, it says "you don't have go anywhere" and "I don't have plans go back." 

My friends and I quote these when we feel the need to. I feel like it's probably less funny than we think that it is, but it's still kind of awesome.

Oh, for my Spanish homework once, I was looking up "whimsical" in the dictionary.  Apparently, our dictionary (which is rly old) made a typo, because on Google translate, the word for whimsical is f*ck!  Actually, this happened pretty recently ;)

Hmm... it's not really a typo since it was oral, but on a Hank and Katherine play SMBW video they screamed "say stafe!" at each other for a good amount of time before they realized that they had misspoken "stay safe." Now whenever I play SMBW w/ my brother that's one of the things I scream at him when I die "say stafe!"

My dad meant to send his wife this message: I'll be back from the party soon, I just have one more thing to do.

Instead of "thing", though, he put "thong". Whoops.

This isn't really a typo, since it was spoken, but I say it counts. My friend was trying to correct our teacher's grammar and said "grammarically incorrect" instead of grammatically. So when when of us messes up on grammar, the other one goes "That was grammarically incorrect" and whoever messed up says "and so was that." Not that funny, but we think it's hilarious.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service