Nerdfighters

I am very aware that to many of us Nerdfighters, typos are bad things. We try to avoid them, and are really quite annoyed by them.
However (and I don't know if it's just me), from time to time you come across a typo that just somehow appeals to you. This thread is dedicated to those strangely likable typos.
Feel free to contribute. (I was so close to writing bontribute. Which is a good start to this thread)

You are also very welcome to write where you first encountered the typo, and perhaps why it appeals to you. :)

Tags: favourite, likable, strange, typo, typos

Views: 1930

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the book Number the Stars, the one typo that really annoyed me was where it said photogrpha instead of Photograph. it was so easy to spot that I would not stop telling everybody!!

My favorite typos are "couch" and "distgrustled." Couch because every. single. time. I try to type "cough" it comes out "couch." Distgrustled because the main character in my NaNo novel last year kept being distgrustled when he was supposed to be disgruntled, and I liked the implications of what that could mean so much that I try to use it whenever I can. Which is never. 

My favorite typo is probably from a friend of mine:) He once tried to type 'jajaja' (yesyesyes in dutch) in chats, but he mistyped both letters, and 'hshshs" appeared. Now he constantly uses it. Even in real-life. And not a person, except for me, knows what it means. So everytime he says 'hshshs', we burst out into laughter, and everyone is like 'wtf?' :D

These typos have kind of ruined my life: 
Anus instead of Angus
Prostitute instead of Prosecute
It gets awkward when you mix them up... 

Seconded! I always look forward to someone typing "alot" on messageboards just so I or some other HaaH fan can post an Alot picture as a response. :D

Honestly, I'm probably the worst out of all my friends at typos. I type so fast and I hit enter before proofreading it. 

One of my favorites though, is when we accidentally typed 'gigglr' instead of 'giggle'. We then went on to talk about how we were going to create a website called gigglr.com and it would just be a nonstop loop of people laughing.

Cul-de-sacs. I hate this typo. Its culs-de-sac, like mothers-in-law and not moter-in-laws. I saw this typo in many books.

When people type 'defiantly' instead of 'definitely'. I don't even know how they manage it but it makes me giggle :P

I often end up typing 'hormail' instead of 'hotmail' and 'shoes' instead of 'shows'

In 11th grade, my history book said something like, "The Twin Towers were attacked on September 11, 2002." Teach me all about the 9/11 attacks, please, but don't tell me it happened in 2002. Really? That's the craziest typo I've ever seen. 

In a research paper, they meant to say "reaper" but what they actually wrote was "A mechanical raper can do the work of a hundred men". So terrible, yet so awesome. xD

This isn't really a typo, more of an autocorrect fail lol (or shall I say olo?). My phone changes my one friend's named to Hailed Rapist. o.o And once, while writing (not typing) I actually forget the 's' in 'horse'. My paper started 'The first time I ever rode a hore was really scary. I was only a toddler and the hore was really big, and way too fast. Then I switched hores and got on one that was slower and more gentle.' I seriously just kept forgetting the s, my friend and I laughed so hard and all day were talking about horses but using whore/hore. xD

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service