Nerdfighters

Someone asked me what my favorite word was today, and I realized I'm not sure I have one! "Intergalactic" is pretty high up on the list, but I don't think it's at number one... So, what's your favorite word?

Tags: favorite, word

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Strangely, the words 'alphabet' and 'ticket' are my favorites.  I like not only the way they feel as you speak them but also their purposes.  Furthermore, a third favorite would be the word 'block' when used to describe an object (i.e. a pyramid block, a block of cheese) but I'm indifferent to the word 'block' when used to describe the action of resistance (i.e. a road block, blocking a pathway).
whimsical ... I use it to describe everything I like.   I love it's meaning and the way it sounds. 
Also, I like raconteur :]

I very much enjoy hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. However, I also love epitome, paradigm, and bombastic.

'Muggle'. I'm not even the biggest HP fan, but still, I don't know I just like it.

It WAS gesticulate for the past 4 (wow, that's alot) years, but now, its Snollygoster. It means a person who is sharp, but has no scruples.

Inappropriate!.. is a great word.
Quirky.

Heterological.

Paradoxes for the win.

Ananas (Pineapple in french.)
Flibbertigibbet (a flighty or whimsical person, though usually it is a woman). I also like the word serendipity.

My favorite fake word( I made it up) is MUSTACHIOUS: the act of having a mustache under your nose

My favorite real word is...I don't know actually....

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service