Nerdfighters

I mean seriously, have you ever thought about it? I always pictured God with an American accent because I'm American but then one day I realized that I was being kinda ignorant. He could have an Australian accent or a Russian accent or maybe he has an accent all his own, like the God accent or something. What do you think?

Tags: Accents, God

Views: 192

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

God's very tricky with these questions. However, he forgives me whenever I ask him to. ☻
haha he seems a lot more robotic than he did a year ago xD
I imagine it like in the TARDIS, you hear him in your own language.
yup, i think that's the general consensus.
I feel compelled to post here, because it made me think of Dogma.

God is played by Alanis Morristette, and her voice will kill you, so an angel played by Alan Rickman speaks for her.
I personally think its one of those things where he doesn't actually speak, he just makes himself known. Or that he has all the accents depending on who you are you'll hear it differently.

But, if he didn't have an accent I'd want it to be... hmm, I don't know. There are so many good ones. Not American because I'm American so I don't think American accents are that great (did that sound mean? It wasn't supposed too). I'd probably go with British or Australian.
i totally agree. And coming from an American, no that didn't sound mean :)
I absolutely adore Australian accents but there are also so many others I enjoy as well...
haha nice joke!
And I do like the idea of a whole different spiritual language. That way when we get to heaven there will be no language barrier between us and other people from different countries :)
"...one afternoon on the way home from church I asked her whether God was black or white.
A deep sigh. 'Oh boy...God's not black. He's not white. He's a spirit.'
'Does he like black or white people better?'
'He loves all people. He's a spirit.'
'What's a spirit?'
'A spirit's a spirit.'
'What color is God's spirit?'
'It doesn't have a color,' she said. 'God is the color of water. Water doesn't have a color.'"
~James McBride,The Color of Water p. 51
He'll look like, sound like, and probably be Morgan Freeman. ;)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service