Nerdfighters

Which Harry Potter character made you cry when they died?

Maybe you don't cry at the deaths of fictional characters, but, heck, I do!

For me it was Dobby ;(

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Am I seriously the only one who did NOT cry when Dobby died? >.>

I did, though, at Fred, and...I think when Harry was going to. And later at Remus, I think.
ummmm......ALL OF THEM. I was a sputtering fountain pretty much the whole book - every time i read it.
I was sad at most of the deaths, but Fred's death made me cry so hard.
I cry every time I read the chapter about dumbledore's funeral, not his actual death, but his funeral.
Also cried at Hedwig, Dobby, Fred, Lupin+Tonks, and of course Severus Snape....I love him.
most of the major deaths made me cry. i think i cried at every death in deathly hallows except for mad-eye, i'm not really sure why.
FREAKING LUPIN AND TONKS.

And Sirius Black. And Cedric Diggory. And Dobby. And Colin. And I would have cried at the others, but I was either expecting them for a while...
AND FRED. I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT FRED.

My life ended when Sirius Black died. I was in the fifth grade when I finished the book, and until that dreaded chapter I was convinced of my future as Sirius' wife. *sigh* Alas, all good things must come to an end. But, when I fixed my eyes on that horrid page, I simply could not read any more, and tossed the book to the side as I ambled down the stairs, blubbering. I threw my arms around my mother (who, coincidentally, is a Potter freak as well, so she understands the pain) and sobbed into her shoulder as I explained. All that I can remember about the rest of the fifth book is that Dumbledore does something to save Harry... Again. Everything following his death was too much of a blur for me, and now I feel that I can finally admit to my geeky reaction because I am in the presence of people who think the same way!

...Mom's cookies helped soothe my pain, by the way... Don't they always? ^^

I'm all about Snape.  Easily the best character written in the entire serious (in my opinion).  I was upset with Sirius, but not because I liked him.  You could tell that despite his amiable qualities, he was still a total douche to people he didn't like personally.  I was upset (at the time, but not with subsequent books) because I thought that any chance of exciting early chapters had died with him.  Obviously I was proven wrong, but I thought that if it was revealed that Sirius was a good guy at the end of OotP then Harry would live with him then I could say goodbye to three chapters of every book being filled with Harry getting yelled at by is uncle.

Also, I think that we should all bow our heads in respect for the noble sacrifice made by Hedwig and the Firebolt in the name of filling potential plot holes.

Dumbledore, Dobby, and Fred.

Which is strange, because Sirius and Moody were my two favorite characters. Alas, their deaths were, I suppose, not particularly emotionally stimulating. Mad-Eye's was, after all, just news of his death. And then Umbridge's horrible eye thing, but that was icky, not saddening.

Lupin and Tonks.

NO ONE ELSE. ><;

I don't cry very often at death scenes, though. I'm more of a sentimental cryer.

Fred and Dobby. I didn't know Lupin and Tonks were dead until I re read it and I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" So, them too.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service