Nerdfighters

So far, my favorite book is Looking for Alaska, and The Colonel. What're yours?

Tags: Green, John

Views: 999

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looking for Alaska as-well and favorite character would have to be Alaska as i find her extreamly fascinating even before also she reminds me allot of a girl i know but without the whole making out with me (sadly)

Looking for Alaska. My favourite character is Alaska because she's so mysterious and and perfectly flawed. She sort of reminds me of someone I know too.

Tough! Ummm....Paper Towns for favorite book, but Hassan from "An Abundance of Katherines" was sooo funny...I love him, and Lindsey Lee Wells also. :)

Aaarg. I have to say that thus far, The Fault in Our Stars is my favorite. Isaac would probably be my favorite character, though Gus, The Colonel and Hassan are definitely up there for me. Mind you, I may comment back soon with a different view... I haven't read Paper Towns yet, and I'm not finished with AAoK yet... My John Green reading only began in January, and with three math classes and a lit class this semester, reading for fun was a completely foreign concept. Only now that summer's started can I delve back in. :)

Looking for Alaska an TFIOS. My favourite character is Hazel and I like her, because she is very realistic and sees the ridiculousness and the pretense in how people treat her and others with cancer. She made me laugh...a lot...at things that should probably not be funny.

TFIOS, and Margo.

Paper Towns is definitely my favorite.  I bought the book on a Thursday and by Saturday about mid-day I was finished with it.  I think my favorite character would be Ben from Paper Towns mostly because of his sense of humor and his strange friendship with the other members of the group.

I absolutely love Paper Towns...I don't know why I like it so much, but I think it's fantastic. Margo herself is a really interesting character, but Q is also really cool. And I agree about Ben, I almost peed myself laughing during the car trip becuase of him.

Looking For Alaska  - Takumi (He's super underrated, but he was so funny and just a great character)

An Abundance of Katherines - Hassan (He's too funny and a great friend)

Paper Towns - Margo(I love her wild recklessness, she's very teenager-y)

Will Grayson, Will Grayson - Gay WIll Grayson (Even though he is Levithan's character, not Green's. I kind of relate to him in quite a few ways)

Hassan is my overall favorite

I actually really loved Will Grayson, Will Grayson, which is the book he co-wrote with David Levinson. My favorite character from this book was both will graysons, both the straight and the gay.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson was the last (sorta kinda, since he co wrote it) John Green book I read. I must say, it was not my favorite. I didn't like Tiny, either Will's, but I did sometimes enjoy Jane. I did, however, LOVE that they referenced Schrodinger's Cat. Don't even know if I spelled that right...
Still, all in all, my favorite is The Colonel. Hazel Grace is a close second. It was nice reading TFiOS because ive been to Amsterdam, and it's just as lovely as Mr. Green portrays it. 

i love a lot of the characters, so i may have to get back to you on that point, but TFIOS is my favorite book.  i feel a little bit like, great though the rest of his books have been, he was working up to it.  actually, as he said he'd been working on the idea since 2000 or so, he was, in a way.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service