Nerdfighters

So how were all of you guys introduced to Doctor Who?

When was the first time you heard of it? When did you start watching? What was your initial reaction? How confused were you at first? :)

Tags: Doctor, Who

Views: 6716

Replies to This Discussion

i've been saying that about this site (and Nerdfighteria in general) for a while now.

When I started to watch charlieissocoollike on youtube he mention a lot doctor who and at first I thought it had something to do with Dr. Seuss stuff cuz his characters are the who's that live in whoville and well then I watched the video that he made explaining what Doctor Who was and when he said something about time and space travelling I instantly wanted to watch it!! Cuz I love that kind of things! And had heard some of the songs of Chameleon Circuit and I was like "Yea, Doctor Who must be awesome" Cuz the lyrics of Big Bang Two, Blink and Exterminate Regenerate are so good! So yeah when I watched the first episode I fell in love with it and I watched the whole 6 series in a month... Seriously I started at the end of February (yes, this year) and finished it on March 30 :D Seriously I couldn't stop watching Doctor Who! ... And now that I finished all the series I don't know what to do cuz I spent a whole month watching the show... Can't wait for the new series!! ^_^

My dad grew up watching it and then when I was little started watching it again so yeah, I've basically watched it all my life.

I'm a huge Neil Gaiman fan, and he talked about Doctor Who a lot (this was in late season 3 of the relaunch), so I thought I'd check it out. Since "Blink" was recommended to me as a good episode to watch even if you don't know anything about the Whoverse (Whoniverse?) by proper Who nerds, I watched that. I have never looked back.

First time I heard of it: 6th grade

When did I start watching: 8th grade

Initial Reaction: Oh. My. God. Why did I not watch this sooner? And why is Matt Smith so hot?

Confusion Levels: Suprisingly, I was not confused at all.

It started with that my friend, after camp, told me to watch it, but at that time I was like "Nah, I don't feel like it". 

But then I started in a new class and got a few friends there, and they were Whovians. One of them (who was later to become my "companion" so to say) talked about it quite alot. And one day when I was ill, flipping through channels, I saw that the next show was to be Doctor Who on the (swedish) science fiction channel and I was then like "Well, I have nothing better to do, so I might as well watch it".

I was hooked, to be quick about it.

Soon after, I borrowed the 1-4 seasons of the New Doctor Who from said girl. And it was so amazing. (Oh, and I got my mum to hate the Daleks! 'Cause her computer is in the living room and I had quite the volume level >:D)

I'm British so it was kinda expected of me by my peers at school a burden i blissfully accepted 

of course she's not a terrible person.  there's nothing wrong with not liking Doctor Who...just like there's nothing wrong with not liking sports.  that being said, i agree with anyone on here who thinks liking sports but not the Doctor is just silly.

Well, me and my family were just sat in front of the TV, like we normally do on Saturday nights, when my dad took the remote and flicked to BBC1. I remember he used to have books about some guy called 'Doctor Who' and I really wasn't into SciFi at the time, so I thought it was stupid. But then I watched it, as in really watched it, and I was enthralled by this dude running round in a leather jacket, being chased by plastic people. At the time, I was terrified! I was only about 8, so I thought that mannequins really could come to life. I never got confused by it, but I did find it a bit weird. Since then, I've loved it and never looked back :D

Charlieissocoollike!

Not Doctor Who related, but I love the profile picture! Pippin is my favorite LOTR character! :D

I actually wanted to say the same thing, except I'm a Gandalf fan.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service