Nerdfighters

For me personally, its either the Angels or the Empty/Gas Mask Children. I would lean towards the Angels but I thought they weren't very good in the Matt Smith episode. Its not as scary when you actually see them moving. 

Views: 2071

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I think it's interesting that the general consencis is that the scariest Doctor Who monsters are the ones you can't see or the ones you can't remember. I think that pretty simply illustrates our fears. We rely on our sight much of the time, unless we are unable. We live our lives based on memories. When something calls that into question, threatens it or uses it against us, that scares us. It's not the violent deaths that might scare us. The deaths caused by these monsters are the simplest and the least violent. It's something threatening what we are and how we live. Something that can go unnoticed in our world. Live like parasites and an invasion and not be aware of them at all.

You're completely right. The stuff that could technically be real is extremely scary.

What's also scary is that I'd completely forgotten about the silence until I read your comment o.O.

the scilence because they could make you kill your family and you wouldn't even remeber it

The Weeping Angels and the Vashta Nerada or however it's spelled.

Because of Blink, I can't go by a statue without being somewhat nervous, and touching one is out of the question.

I watched Silence in the Library/Forest od the Dead in the dark. I couldn't get to my lights fast enough.

This. The things this creature is capable of doing make me shiver.

Haha! Moffat!

I completely agree that the weeping angels are the scariest, but you have to give the daleks credit. It is not so much what they could do but their history. They were just like us before and we could very easily become the emotionless things they are. It is the possibility that is frightening. But the angels win for sure.

That's true, actually. I've noticed the Daleks are barely mentioned, because they're 'played out' or 'old' but I doubt anything had you hiding behind your couch as a kid quite like a dalek did.

Definitely the angels, if we're going by the David Tennant series.

But The Silents are scary too. I think it's something about not being able to see the monster until it gets there, like with the angels.

The Silence! I'm convinced I have one in my bedroom, I hear creeky noises from one particular corner. :P

I agree with the weeping angels, but they were best in Blink, because, as you said, we didn't actually see them moving. Oh, and the empty children always scare me. 

The weeping angels are definatly the most terrifying doctor who monsterever since i watched blink i cant go anywhere without checking behind my back to look for statues

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service