Nerdfighters

I got the inspiration for this discussion in another group. But anyways, you know that you're obsessed with Doctor Who when you do what?
For me, it's using my flashlight like a sonic-screwdriver to find stuff in my room, lock doors, and question people about my missing school-ID card (which I found with a flashlight I call my sonic screwdriver)  : )

Views: 5300

Replies to This Discussion

I have a friend who is a debate tournament judge and she had someone come in for a speech and explain how Doctor Who is real using string theory. Also where I live (Utah, USA) I have a group of single friends that I associate with on a weekly basis and we have learned how to spot which new comers to the group are Whovians. its so awesome.

I totally walk around quoting all the time. Like today my friend had a banana so I stole it and shouted bananas are good. Haha ummmm I'm planning to go to the mall sometime soon with a sonic screwdriver in my hair, a dalek hat, a fez, a Tom Baker scarf, a TARDIS purse, my pizza John shirt, Ood earrings, and hand drawn Doctor Who converse. I hope someone notices, because it would make my life :D

If I did see you at the mall, we would probably get into a half hour discussion about the doctor.

Do it. I wear my TARDIS-earrings often and I get remarks every now and then. It's lovely to meet new Wovians. <3

You find out you can make a Dalek voice by holding your hand in a special way when you talk on your phone.

Own three different T.A.R.D.I.S related things (T-Shirt, Levitating T.A.R.D.I.S, and T.A.R.D.I.S mug)

Watch a four hour marathon every Sunday because the science fiction channel has a re-run marathon of the program that had been shown four o'clock every day, Monday to Friday (which in this case was Classic Doctor Who)

Going around randomly shouting EXTERMINATE

And pretending to be an Weeping Angel to scare your easily scared Whovian friends (Also, darn it computer! Whovian is a legit word!)

wow, in school, i had a sub who let us play a game that's like graveyard, but i played as if i was a weeping angle. you would be surprised how easily people don't notice you sneaking up on them...

Haha! :P
Amazing. 

You get a ton of things for Christmas, but the only one you jump up and down screaming about is the 11th doctor's sonic screwdriver pen. AND FRENCH THE LLAMA IT WRITES IN 2 COLORS!!!!!!!!!!!! it's March and i still won't shut up about it...

When you're at a FIRST Robotics competition and you're so tired (totally not from staying up late to watch more Doctor Who in the hotel...) that you think you hear a sonic screwdriver in the pit, flip out, and try to find it. And when you meet two other FIRST people wearing Doctor Who apparel and instantly make new friends. 

When you work, "Fantastic!", "Brilliant!", "Allonzy!", "HWOT?!?", and  "Geronimo!" into daily conversations even though you are American and kinda fail at a British accent... but try anyway. And then you start to ramble about various scientific things (robotics) and work in insane hand motions and spin around your imaginary TARDIS as you explain confusing things to your already confused non-nerdy friends.

Yes! Absolutely every American conversation.

When Tardis blue is a real colour

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service