Nerdfighters

So at Alaska's suggestion here's another discussion post. Just a few basic about you questions so we can get to know each other a bit better as people and hopefully friends. Answer as many or as few questions as you like.

1. Name or Nickname or whatever you want us to call you

2. Age

3. Country of birth and country of residence

4. What makes you a nerd

5. Favourite thing about where you live

6. Do you blog/vlog/tumblr/any other site

7. Best part of nerdfighteria

8. Top 3 books or book series

9. Saying or quote you like

10. Which house are you in?

11. Anything you think we should know about you?

Tags: about, get, introverts, know, nerdfighters, to, you

Views: 2110

Replies to This Discussion

i'm sorry, isn't being naturally not very talky sort of an indicator of nerd status too?  and or conversations with one's self (well, nerd status or psychosis)

i totally understand and agree with your feelings about favorites...as i probably brought up earlier in this very thread.  and the obsession issue.

Yay, I love Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes (books and the BBC series), and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy too! I also completely agree with the "everything Lemony Snicket ever said" answer for favourite quotes :P

Oh, and yay for teaching yourself ukulele! best instrument ever :P

And here I was thinking I knew Lemony Snicket quotes.

I have certainly been humbled.

Person 1: "Whoa, what's that?" Person 2: "I think it's a baby guitar." Person 3: "Yeah, like a premature guitar. Like it came off the conveyer belt too early." Me: "It's a ukulele." Them: "That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." My thoughts: "Not nearly as stupid as the conversation you just had about it amongst yourselves."

--that was a conversation I've recently had. And as you are a ukulele enthusiast, I thought you should hear it.

And do you really geek out over Phineas and Ferb. I know you typed it, but I don't believe you. Okay, I do believe you. There are so many thought processes going through my head right now, but all of them lead to the conclusion that YOU ARE AWESOME. P&F forever.

Well, my name is Melissa but all of my friends call me Liz, so either works. 

2. Age

USA and USA. 

4. What makes you a nerd

Well, I'm not very talkative. I love to read just about anything I can get my hands on. Of course, there's also the Doctor Who and the RENT and the all-A's and the liking school parts too...

It's small, but it's still sort of in the middle of everything. It's a really nice town, and its sort of secluded (you can't even see my street from google earth because of TREES EVERYWHERE), but we're right next to a bigger city so everything like chain stores and malls, etc is basically a stone's throw away.

I have a fanfiction (theflockroxmysox), a tumblr (kaniac), a twitter (lizhunter5), and a wattpad account (lizhunt3r). 

The people. Everyone is respectful to everyone, and everyone gets along (maybe because we're all nerds? just a guess... :)

Harry Potter

Alanna the Lioness

anything by John Green :)

But seriously, those are only my top three by a tiny margin. I really don't choose favorites, and if I did the list would be probably as long as the 800 digits of pi my friend once memorized.

"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations." (guess who)

and basically anything from Hitch

Ravenclaw

My biggest pet peeve: When people think that everyone else in the entire world agrees with them, even though a lot of people, you know, don't. I also love love love to write fiction, and the occasional poem on the side. Also, ferrets are the coolest animals in the world. 

know what you mean about favorites Liz

and it's a difficult balancing act, interacting with people who are the same yet vastly different.

I absolutely love RENT! Take me or leave me is constantly stuck in head :)

I'm Muriel, and I don't really mind what you call me as long as it isn't a) insulting or b) miumiu the emo emu (or any other continuations of that), or anything along those lines.

2. Age

Born and raised in Belgium, but I'm English- my parents are English.

4. What makes you a nerd

Oh, quite a lot of things. I like reading, learning (not school, NOT school), watching documentries, mythology, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, mythical creatures, using long and complicated polysyllabic words so that people look at me strangely. Also, I like strange, obscure facts. They're generally the funniest ones.

The chips. Frites! Also, the english book shops.

Nope. But maybe sometime in the future.

The awesome people, songs and well, EVERYTHING!

Harry potter, the Hunger Games and the Gone series.

Umm, lets see... I'm not sure. I'll find one eventually.

Ravenclaw, officially (according to pottermore).

Aside from the fact that I'm quite odd and prone to attaacks of extreme childishness? No, not really.

...emo...emu?

I think that my friends came up with that because my name (as it says abouve-ish) is Muriel, and they started calling me Miumiu. Then one of them thought it was a good idea to lengthen it to miumiu the emu. The others added on, and so now the total is either:

a) Miumiu the emo emu who's on Facebook, Twitter and other illegal sites. (My brother came up witht this one. No matter how many times I tell him that I'm not on Twitter, he won't take no for an answer.)

b) Miumiu the emo emu who wears miumiu, emo clothes and emu.

So, yes, before you ask, my friends are slightly strange.

happens.

Hi there I'm Lanie :)

2. Age

US of A

4. What makes you a nerd

I love love love love love love reading and writing and scifi and fantasy and Doctor Who. 

Umm the library is close by.

theredhotcrook is my tumblr (though it is false advertising as I am not red hot, nor am I a crook)

Everyone I've met. Also Hank and John.

Oh god umm.... 1. Enders Game. and from then on I can't decide, because all of Johns books, plus Edgar Allen Poe, and everyone else.

"The enemies gate is down." -Ender Wiggin

According to Pottermore I'm in Gryffindor, though I always thought I would be Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw 

I'm super shy but I love friends and people and stuff so you should talk to me and in a few days I won't be so awkward. 

1. Henric or Heinrich (got that nickname a few years ago and I like it)
  2. 23
  3. Scandinavia
  4. History, Doctor Who, books, some anime/manga and my relation to source criticism might seem a bit nerdish.
  5. Its history (oldest written source from around 1210), its flatness, open and small fields, woods nearby, the people and the seasons.
  6. I Tumbl.
  7. The part about decreasing world suck.
  8. Books by Astrid Lindgren, Perumov's "Keeper of the Swords" & All quiet on the Western front
  9. I don't know really.
  10. I don't like houses.
  11. I have no idea what you'd like to know about me.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service