So at Alaska's suggestion here's another discussion post. Just a few basic about you questions so we can get to know each other a bit better as people and hopefully friends. Answer as many or as few questions as you like.
1. Name or Nickname or whatever you want us to call you
3. Country of birth and country of residence
4. What makes you a nerd
5. Favourite thing about where you live
6. Do you blog/vlog/tumblr/any other site
7. Best part of nerdfighteria
8. Top 3 books or book series
9. Saying or quote you like
10. Which house are you in?
11. Anything you think we should know about you?
3. Born in the Philippines, now in Canada
4. For every ten books in my house, 8 are mine, mostly about politics, technology, military, and history. Along with a large number of gunplamo and figurines, and trying to keep up with the latest videogames, I guess that sums up what makes me a nerd.
5. Not very stressful, very quiet (except for when the stanley playoffs are on ><)gives me room to think about stuff.
6. Used to be a regular on facebook, tried to blog once, wasn't motivated. My blog on this site is my first serious attempt.
7. People are very passionate and knowledgeable of what they really like.
8. Jurassic Park, Michael Crichton: My first author, first book, my introduction to the joy of reading books with very little illustration
The Bear and the Dragon, Tom Clancy: First serious book-buying binge
Gaunt's Ghosts, Dan Abnett: God-Emperor bless this most humble servant
9. "Seek counsel of him who makes you weep, and not of him who makes you laugh." - Arabic proverb
10. Haven't found out yet, though I'm quite sure they don't allow Muggles in houses :p
11. Out of college because of an unusually severe case of Crohn's, but not so severe that I may need surgery. Doctor's orders are not to pursue anything that equates to high stress. Now currently pursuing a few financial courses, as well as a library technician course, at home if possible.
All this just gives me just enough free time to finally start writing (or at least attempt to)and put my story ideas down in paper (or digital format, whatever is available), which have been stuck in my head for the better part of a decade. My brain works optimally when there's someone to talk to, so guys, ideas? :)
3. I'll be more specific, born in Manchester and live in London.
4. I'm a straight A student and I draw and write a lot. I read and draw all the time. All my conversations begin by discussing weird facts or talking about how tornados happen oh and I don't forget to be awesome.
5. I live in London and my favourite thing about it is the diversity of people, everyone is outstandingly unique and I really like that.
7. Cool discussions.
8. The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat.
The World Of Karl Pilkington.
9. "In order to lure him into my master plan I need master bate." Because it's true and logical and humourus.
10. If you mean Pottermore than I'm in Ravenclaw woot woot. Otherwise it's semi-detached? Be clear about it i don't know what you mean.
while hardly official, people have been sorting themselves/each other since the first book came out. as Pottermore was still in beta when she posted the thread, i'm pretty sure she was meaning more along the lines of what house you imagine yourself to be in... speaking of, how do you feel about Pottermore's sorting?
Is Pottermore a requirement? :/
Not at all. It's just something everyone was extremely excited for and wanted to join.
(On a COMPLETELY unrelated note: My very "cool" friend Rickeya said "Hi, everyone :) <3"). *rolls eyes*
Wow, that's a relief. For a minute there I thought I might be shunned :p
Even if it were a requirement, we would never shun you. You're awesome, remember? :)
Plus, introverts really don't have room to shun anyone if you know what I mean (I would know, being an introvert and all).
I kid, I kid. :) Thanks though. Yeah, I AM awesome :D
your friend sounds decidedly extroverted... not that there's anything wrong with that. as you said, no shunning.
Yes. She's a complete extovert. But she is decidedly awesome. We are very close to opposites...but somehow, we work well together.
of course, your personalities balance. has she shown any interest in John/Hank/their work or the Nerdfighter community in general?
Actually, she has. I think she is a Nerdfighter, in fact. She's talked about making a profile...but it might take a while (it took my Nerdfighter friend's Nerdfighter boyfriend a year to finally make a profile). Still, she is definitely made of awesome.