Nerdfighters

So at Alaska's suggestion here's another discussion post. Just a few basic about you questions so we can get to know each other a bit better as people and hopefully friends. Answer as many or as few questions as you like.

1. Name or Nickname or whatever you want us to call you

2. Age

3. Country of birth and country of residence

4. What makes you a nerd

5. Favourite thing about where you live

6. Do you blog/vlog/tumblr/any other site

7. Best part of nerdfighteria

8. Top 3 books or book series

9. Saying or quote you like

10. Which house are you in?

11. Anything you think we should know about you?

Tags: about, get, introverts, know, nerdfighters, to, you

Views: 2163

Replies to This Discussion

Sarah

2. Age

America. I've been here my whole life, even though I sort of wish I live in New Zealand because they have awesome accents. :)

4. What makes you a nerd

I take AP classes at school and sometimes I read physics books for fun. I also go to the library frequently and am currently reading through a book of Emily Dickinson poems. I also like Harry Potter, reading, Doctor Who, listening to wrock (wizarding rock...), writing...

I like that there's a library close by, and how friendly the people are (for the most part).

Not right now, but I'm thinking about making a blog.

Being part of a community of nerds who like the same things I do. :)

Harry Potter, Going Bovine by Libba Bray, and Hunger Games

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

I don't know who said this, but I really like this quote.

10. Which house are you in?

Gryffindor!

11. Anything you think we should know about you?

I make really bad puns.

Rebecca, Becca, Becky... i don't really care what you call me as long as it's nice. 

2. Age

Canada and Canada

4. What makes you a nerd

Hmm... my love of knowledge and books paired with my almost debilitating shyness. 

The fact that I don't need an inhaler

Nope, it would be interesting to try it though!

Meeting new people

Only three... that's hard! John Green's books, Mortal Instuments/Infernal Device Seriese, Brave New World. Maybe not my top favourite but the first three I could think of off the top of my head that I really like. 

"To sleep- perchance to dream; ay, theres the rub. For in this sleep of death what dreams may come?"

"If you love someone tell them today, because life is short. But shout it at them, in German, because life is also terrifying and confusing."

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

10. Anything you think we should know about you?

Uhmm...I can't think of anything, but if you happen to have a question I'll answer it =p

I love your quotes. I've never heard the second one. I think it's one of my new favourites. :)

Welcome!

Thanks! I don't even have any idea where it's from,  I just read it awhile ago and it kinda stuck with me =p 

The third one is Einstein's, yes? :)

It sure is!

w00t! Got it in the first try :D :p

1. Thor

2. 15

3. USA, USA

4. God, whre do I begin? I enjoy reading sci-fi, fantasy, and almost any other genre (except romance). I love gaming, both video and board, but I try and do well in the academics department as well. Science is my passion, but I have been told I have a talent for writing.

5. There are so many people disconnected from life, no one remembers you.

6. No, I find the practice takes too much effort.

7. THE DISCUSSIONS

8. Catcher in the Rye, Looking for Alaska, 12 Angry Men

9. "Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe." -Neil Gaiman

10. My own...

11. I have an almost John-level poof.

Give me a another week, and I shall surpass John's poof level.

Too late, today was stressful. Puff surpassed :)

Damnit, so close >< :p

1. Clara

2. 19

3. USA

4. Joss Whedon is my hero. I love Xena but I have no idea why. I adore animation, although not so much anime or Disney, although Miyazaki is fantastic. I have a secret love for super heroes, although I don't read a whole bunch of super hero comics. Despite all that, I read a lot of web comics; I also read a lot in general. Yep, I think that's all my nerdiness.

5. The mountains.

6. DeviantArt: http://abberrationclarified.deviantart.com/

7. The fact that you can love anything and everything with no judgement.

8. His Dark Materials, Harry Potter, The Fault In Our Stars... I like a lot of books though so that's not set.

9. Art is the only way to run away without leaving home. (There are also a lot of fantastic Dr. Seuss quotes.)

10. Hufflepuff. It's really odd that I can read that and know exactly what is meant.

11. I'm a 2D animation student at RMCAD. I REALLY don't want to work at Disney; that would be a hard won job anyway, but it's such a niche spot, and I'm very independent. My worst job related fear is having to animate the Charmin Ultra bear. I'm going to focus more on short series and television.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service