Nerdfighters

So at Alaska's suggestion here's another discussion post. Just a few basic about you questions so we can get to know each other a bit better as people and hopefully friends. Answer as many or as few questions as you like.

1. Name or Nickname or whatever you want us to call you

2. Age

3. Country of birth and country of residence

4. What makes you a nerd

5. Favourite thing about where you live

6. Do you blog/vlog/tumblr/any other site

7. Best part of nerdfighteria

8. Top 3 books or book series

9. Saying or quote you like

10. Which house are you in?

11. Anything you think we should know about you?

Tags: about, get, introverts, know, nerdfighters, to, you

Views: 2163

Replies to This Discussion

O_O there's an easier way?

I, didn't need to flip them open :p

It's not about strength, it's about technique~

Whatever works for you!

Haha, true, true :)

1. Name: Annika

2. Age: 16

3. Country: USA

4. What Makes Me a Nerd: I love to read, especially science-fiction and fantasy, but also "classics", or whatever people recommend to me. I'm a huge Trekkie, and I'm obsessed with the 1960s version of the cult TV show Dark Shadows. I love video games, especially older ones (as in NES 8-bit gaming) and/or RPGs. I'm a bit of a history buff and love all of the sciences and math. I still play Pokemon. I'm a Drama Club nerd (only stage crew, not acting) and in an Ecology Club which cleans up litter on the side of the road. I'm also in a Robotics Club which builds underwater robots to perform certain tasks and then competes in competitions with them. I'm in my school's Book Club.    

5. Favorite Thing About Where I Live: I'm only six blocks away from my school which means I don't have to wake up too early.

6. Do I Blog, etc: No, I do not.

7. Best Part of Nerdfighteria: the awesome community

8. Top 3 Books/Series: Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings/The Silmarillion/anything else by JRR Tolkien, and the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice (or anything else by her)

9. Saying or Quote I Like: "How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book!"-Thoreau and "There is one purpose to life and one only: to bear witness to and understand as much as possible of the complexity of the world - its beauty, its mysteries, its riddles. The more you understand, the more you look, the greater is your enjoyment of life and your sense of peace. That's all there is to it. If an activity is not grounded in 'to love' or 'to learn,' it does not have value."-Anne Rice

10. House: definitely Ravenclaw

11. What You Should Know About Me: uhh...can't think of anything else.

i've been meaning to ask someone this for several weeks now.  you said your 'obsessed' with Dark Shadows.  how do you feel about the movie remake being made out to be a comedy?

At first I was very upset about it as it seemed that they were only making fun of the original. However, when I saw the movie I did think that it had some merit. Not all of it was comedy, at least, and they did make some interesting twists in the original storyline. Supposedly there is going to be another Dark Shadows movie, and I'm interested to see how some of the changed plot lines evolve.

I'm sorry for responding to your post almost a month later. I've been really busy and haven't been online hardly at all.

it happens.  hope you're managing to take the suck down a notch at least.

I hope so as well!

I am known as Alex to most people who know me, but to a close few I am called Milne

2. Age

I'm 16, but 17 on the 24th of May

Scotland is my country of birth, Wales is my country of residence.

4. What makes you a nerd

I am always thought saying you are a nerd is like someone saying they are indie or hipster.... But if I had to define myself as I nerd I would say it is because I am different where I come from, there isn't many people that like the same things I do, I like reading series from Tiffiany Aching to Series of Unfortunate Events to Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, I like video games, Science, History, Sci-Fi, Movies.

I live near a mountian so when I pluck up the energy I can walk up there and see all the away to the Irish sea

I have tumblr (Kinda, I just like looking at pictures) but I never blog/vlog because my voice is weird and I fear I would have nothing interesting to say

Community

1) Withering Heights

2) Tiffiney Aching Series

3) Oxford English Dictionary of Quotations (such a good buy)

Fish say, they have their stream or pond;

But is there anything beyond?

Slytherin

Hmmm that is a good question

Ama~ Though that isn't actually my name, just to say! My real name is hella awk.

2. Age

20.5 just about

Born in United States, still living there, though have been in a mess of states

4. What makes you a nerd

I spend too much time on the Internet and like reading about grammar? And books and comics and video games too I guess?

There are so many nooks and crannies to go exploring in, and I really like the woods.

Every day I tumblin'~ and I keep a poorly updated blog~

Community! No doubt. Even though I spend most of my time awkwardly hanging around the edges, it's still so friendly and vibrant and active.

His Dark Materials, Harry Potter, The Enchanted Forest Chronicles

Oh man oh man I wanna pick a good one...ahem...

"May the road rise to meet you" is honestly all that comes to mind right now!

Hufflepuff, according to Pottermore!!

Um, if I think of anything particular, I will let you know. Oh, I'm Aquarius? But also a modern person so I am obligatorily skeptical on that front. Oh! Also, I'm an ace! 

Nicki

2. Age

23 as of next month

Born and raised in the US.

4. What makes you a nerd

Ha, I think the better question is what DOESN'T make me a nerd. I'm a massive book worm, have an unhealthy obsession with Harry Potter, am a complete Marvel geek, and spend the majority of my free time curled up in my room writing (usually fanfiction, because I'm stuck on my original novel and it helps me clear my head.)

It's a real city with a bookstore and library and everything. The town I grew up in didn't have either.

I blog, although I'm an epic fail at consistency. Other than that it's mostly facebook and twitter, which I mostly use to interact with my online readers about new writing projects I'm working on. 

I was going through a bit of an identity crisis a while ago and finding Nerdfighteria really helped me to feel comfortable with who I am and made me realise that it's perfectly fine to be a nerdy introvert because there are hundreds of other people just like me out there and they get on just fine.

Harry Potter, The Thirteenth Reality series, and Bridge to Terabithia

"The universe has a fantastic sense of humour, all you need to do is learn how to take a joke." - one of the Ratchet and Clank video games, I can't remember which...

Hufflepuff all the way! We're particularly good finders, and Neville Longbottom married a Hufflepuff. What more could we want? You know, apart from Neville ditching Hannah to marry me, but close enough...

I want more nerdfighter friends! I haven't actually been very active on the site before now so I haven't really met too many people, and where better to start than here? Also, I'm allergic to citrus fruit. And I collect socks.

happy birthday early!  and i love your quote even though i've never played the game.

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service