Nerdfighters

Tell everyone what you're reading currently, page status, and thoughts/comments on what you've read so far?!

I am currently reading 1984 by George Orwell.  

I'm approximately 50% done.  I am enjoying it so far.  It isn't my usual genre, though. The dates and names are hard to follow, but it doesn't seem to prevent me from understanding the story.  Winston and I would be good friends if ever we had the chance to meet.  

Your turn...

Views: 1503

Replies to This Discussion

I am currently reading Howl's Moving Castke, I had my friend loan it to me after I saw the movie :)

And I am also reading one Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

And after this there are sooooo many Moby Dick, Sherlock Holmes, etc.

I am reading

The Picture of Dorian Grey

When Nietschze Wept

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Delta of Venus

The first one is a bit boring now but I heard it will get exciting, the second one is a HUGE disappointment, seriously, just don't read this book. The third one is okay, but the previous books I enjoyed more. The last one I am still in doubt of, because it's so full of contradictories that I don't know what to think of it.

Currently reading Across the Universe by Beth Revis! It's pretty good, but I don't have time to read:(

I'm trying to get through Enemy of God, by Bernard Cornwell. It's the second book in his King Arthur series. It's very good, but it is kind of slow, so I'm trying to push through it. I'm hoping to start re-reading Lord of the Rings when I finish it.

The Two Towers (Second in the LOTR trilogy) only on page 29, but I just picked it up.

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. It's Really good so far.

I'm reading The Great Gatsby and I'm starting John Green books next wek

Enjoy The Great Gatsby! I loved that book.

I'm currently reading approximately five books, but I'm mainly on Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and its parody, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I'm halfway through P+P+Z and I'm 4/5ths of the way through P+P.

I love the contrast between their styles of humour. P+P is classy and polite, even when they're insulting you.

The humour in P+P+Z is darker and slightly ruder.

P&P was so much better than I expected. Seriously Jane Austen knows how to write good characters. Most authors can learn a good deal from her!

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin. Gosh it's taking me ages to get through but I'm really enjoying it! Great fantasy right there.

Ray Bradbury - R is for Rocket. Brilliant so far! 1984 is one of my favorite books! 

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service