Nerdfighters

Tell everyone what you're reading currently, page status, and thoughts/comments on what you've read so far?!

I am currently reading 1984 by George Orwell.  

I'm approximately 50% done.  I am enjoying it so far.  It isn't my usual genre, though. The dates and names are hard to follow, but it doesn't seem to prevent me from understanding the story.  Winston and I would be good friends if ever we had the chance to meet.  

Your turn...

Views: 1503

Replies to This Discussion

There are a lot of books that I've started and not yet finished, but I think the one that I'm going to finish first is Why Didn't They Ask Evans? by Agatha Christie.

So far... Well, it's difficult to say what I think about it. Some books I can form opinions on other than "it's really good," and some I can't. With her books, I generally can't. I just finish them and immediately want to read more.

Christopher Moore.  Hilarious

I finally found the time to read High Fidelity by Nick Hornby and I start to realize that you can fuck up your whole life pretty easily.

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

Crime and Punishment =P Not exactly my favorite so far...blech. But I'm also reading The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt, which is WAY better then I thought it would be! 

Lord of the Flies for a summer assignment but usually i like books the school gives us so there is hope I might like it... even though til now the future is kind of dim.. but ill be reading John Green book afterward so its all cool beans 

Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta (YA Fantasy) About 200 pages in.

So far I am COMPLETELY HOOKED. It is one of those few books that uses little to no foreshadowing. I am always surprised when things happen which means I can't put it down :D

Highly recommended!

"The Cronicals Of Narnia"  I am currently on the fourth book. So far every story has been adventurous, unique,diverse and simply amazing . I have no idea what happens next ?!?!

Re-reading The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, reading 1984 by George Orwell, A Tale of Time City by Diana Wynne Jones and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll.

I've got a couple of books going at once: 

• Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss (It's perfect for lovely pedantic grammarians like me) 
  • A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin (It is really good so far, I'm only about 100 pages in)
  • A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly (historical fiction-- not my regular genre, but it's good nonetheless.) 

I'm currently on chapter 23 of A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. A friend gave it to me a few years ago for my birthday and somehow I never got around to it until now!

Thus far it's been an enjoyable read, although it has a tendency to drag at times and make you feel a bit like you're reading the same thoughts over and over in the guise of different stories. That said there have been several parts that really made me stop and think, and the characters are great fun! I adore Mary Rommely! And everyone has a Sissy in their lives.

I'm reading 

• Fight Club by Chuck Palahnuik (loving it)
  • Life of Pi by Yann Martel (best ever)
  • A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin (my feels are dying)

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service