if you've never modded minecraft before, here's a brief bit of instruction.
1. save the image sheet (the last image up there) as "kz.png" to a folder you can readily access.
2. find minecraft.jar. for most Windows computers, find it at [User] > AppData > Roaming > .minecraft > bin.
3. open minecraft.jar in an archive editor like WinRAR or WinZIP.
4. make sure minecraft isn't open, and drag kz.png into the art folder of minecraft.jar.
5. success! run minecraft and DFTBA.
This is sooooooooooooo.... well AWESOME! But on another level.
the art folder should be there in the minecraft.jar archive. if it isn't, something's off.
I am not familiar enough with Macs to diagnose the problem, though, unfortunately. :(
i cant seem to do it either, can you diagnose the problem if i have windows vista?
I tried Clive's instructions too and that didnt work, it could just be because i am inept at like everything :(
But the art folder is not there :l
Alternate instructions for people who don't know how to/cannot open minecraft.jar:
Create a folder called "art".
Save the image file above into the new folder as kz.png.
Create a zipped folder (Or the mac equivalent).
Copy the art folder into it.
Copy the compressed or zipped folder to your minecraft texture pack folder. (You can find this by opening minecraft and clicking on texture packs, then on "Open Texture Pack Folder".)
Then restart minecraft. When you open it again, the compressed folder you created will be in the list of texture packs. Select it, and the art should appear in-game.
Can't find the art folder in the .minecraft folder, where is it?
Does this still work in 1.0.1?
I did it exactly as said and it simply... did not work. Can anyone help?