Nerdfighters

I was just wondering what you're favorite plays and/or musicals are?

my favorite musical or play is Hairspray

Views: 396

Replies to This Discussion

I really loved The Midsummer Night's Dream and The Impostance Of Being Earnest :)
MUSICALS: Wicked, RENT, Chorus line (was in it), and les mis
PLAYS: NOISES OFF FTW, ten little indians

oh, and i was just in a premier musical that i fell in love with called the Mothers of Ludlow
its with this youth company
really heavy, intense play about a coal mining massacre
shameless plugs ftw!
I really, really love Avenue Q
Company! Company! Company! Company!

Seriously, it's Sondheim at his finest. (Love Assassins, A Little Night Music, and Forum, too.)

Non Sondheim loves: I Love You Because, Thoroughly Modern Millie, [title of show], Spring Awakening (musical), Spring Awakening (play--Bentley's translation is my favorite), In the Heights, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, and The Last 5 Years
I am a huge fan of RENT. I havn't actually seen it on stage though (except for the stage performance on film) so I will have to say Wicked.
Deffinately got to be Phantom of the Opera! My mum took me to London for a girly weekend and we went to see Phantom and it blew my mind the cast, the music, the snoring American sleeping next to me it was amazing!
Musical: The Last 5 Years (Jason Robert Brown)
Play: TIE--Proof/Zoo Story/The Glass Menagerie
Play: Hamlet
Musical: Spring Awakening
Oh gosh, hardest question ever. My favorite musical (of the moment, it changes every so often) is probably American Idiot or Next to Normal. Or Hair. Or Spring Awakening. Or Assassins. Or Sunday in the Park. :)
Plays are easier. Anything by Annie Baker, Rabbit Hole, or the original Spring Awakening (Bently translation)
I'm really into theater, if you haven't noticed.
A Very Potter Musical, of course! :D I also love AVPS, Xanadu (I don't expect anyone else to have seen the musical, unfortunatley), Les Mis, Fiddler on the Roof, RENT, West Side Story, Chicago, Hairspray, The Phantom of the Opera, Wicked. My favorite plays are The Foreigner, Our Town, A Midsummer Night's Dream, and Twelfth Night.
Favorite Play: The Glass Menagerie tied with The Importance of Being Ernest
Favorite Shakespeare: Henry V (I know, I'm weird and my favorite is a pseudo-jingoist history play)
Favorite Musical: Les Miserables tied with In The Heights.

Also, anyone in the Twin Cities area should go and see The Scottsboro Boys at the Guthrie right now, because it is fabulous. Or, you know, if you're in New York when it moves there in October. It is the best no-intermission musical I have ever seen.
Billy Elliot and Moulin Rouge definitely!

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service