Nerdfighters

So since we are all here to make friends I thought that a basic survey would be a good idea, so I put one together (and by put together I mean stole ^^) here it is :)

Name:
How many & what kind of pets do you have?
What's your job?
What's your Dream Job?
What instruments do you play?
What are your hobbies?
What are your goals?
Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump?
What kind of books and/or magazines do you read?
Three words describe yourself?
What is a topic you wish you knew more about?
What do you daydream about?
What are your religious/spiritual beliefs?
Shy or Outgoing?
Spender or Saver?
Truth or Dare?
Books or Movies?
Romantic Comedy or Action Adventure?
Cats or Dogs?
Mountain or Beach?
Sweet or Salty?

Views: 212

Replies to This Discussion

Name: Claudia
Eye Color: dark brown
How many & what kind of pets do you have? A pet dog and two little sisters
What's your job? Teacher of English
What's your Dream Job? Full time writer
What instruments do you play? bit of guitar, bit of keyboard.
What are your hobbies? reading, surfing the net, writing, listenning to music...
What are your goals? continue to have a full-time day job until I can publish a book...
Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? SURE!
What kind of books and/or magazines do you read? Books: fiction Magazines: various subjects
Three words describe yourself? Green, Words, Woman?
What is a topic you wish you knew more about? dead languages
What do you daydream about? the list is as long as Hogwarts is old
What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? Catholic
Shy or Outgoing? Shy on the way of outgoing, if that makes any sense
Spender or Saver? Embarrasingly spender, but trying to become saver
Truth or Dare? Dare
Books or Movies? BOOKS
Romantic Comedy or Action Adventure? Romantic adventure, or Comedy action
Cats or Dogs? Dogs
Mountain or Beach? Mountain
Sweet or Salty? salty
Name: Roger

Eye Color: Hazel

How many & what kind of pets do you have? None of my own, probably won't have any for a long time. I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling in the near future and won't have time for them.

What's your job? Currently a self declared Full Time Author. Writing my first book at the moment and it's taking up a lot of my time, doing the research, actually writing it, and so forth.

What's your Dream Job? To travel the world making documentaries.

What instruments do you play? None at the moment, but would like to learn guitar and possibly piano.

What are your hobbies? Currently include Culture, Learning new things, Writing anything from poetry to novels, Video games, Working out ( I want a six pack ). Went to school for Massage and Personal training. Soon I will be including Yoga, Martial arts, and probably Dancing.

What are your goals? To live a solid life without having to live paycheck to paycheck, To learn more everyday, To travel the world and visit all of Europe, Japan, China, Australia, Brazil, Costa Rica, etc. To find a girl-friend and get married.

Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? There would be scratch marks on the pavement from the car to the plane if you took me sky diving. Same with bungee jumping. Why jump out of a perfectly safe airplane, or off a perfectly safe bridge for that matter. Yes, I'm chicken, and I don't care what anyone thinks. I'm also a little afraid of heights, depends on the situation.

What kind of books and/or magazines do you read? I like pc magazines, and for books, I like fantasy novels, like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, or anything that I can learn something from.

Three words describe yourself? Unique, Nerd, Open-minded

What is a topic you wish you knew more about? A little bit of everything really. Though the ones that stand out are: Philosophy, Arts, History, and Socializing.

What do you daydream about? Sometimes I dream of having magical powers, being rich and living in a castle in Europe, or what life would be like on another planet.

What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? I'm agnostic, I believe religion for the most part causes people to not think for themselves, hint: the reason we have so many closed minded people nowadays. Some of the smartest people that have ever existed didn't believe in religion, but believed there was something out there, something more to this. After all, it takes intelligence to create or design. What ever happened to people questioning what they are taught?

Shy or Outgoing? Depends on the people, around women that I find attractive, I seem to be shy, around everyone else, I seem to be outgoing, but I'm an INTJ, so I need my alone time from time to time.

Spender or Saver? I would like to consider myself a saver. I couldn't stand not having anything for the future.

Truth or Dare? Depends on the type of people I'm around. I have 2 cousins who are also males, that we can LITERALLY talk about anything. And I do mean Literally. Everyone else, would probably be Dare. Depends on how open minded you are.

Books or Movies? Books, some movies are good, but I was disappointed in Dragonball Evolution. Wish they would make a movie out of the D.N. Angel series.

Romantic Comedy or Action Adventure? I pick option C....Fantasy Adventure.

Cats or Dogs? Pets take too much time to take care of, and as I mentioned above, traveling a lot won't give me the required time to take care of them. Also, I was attacked by a large dog about 6 years ago, so yeah about that....

Mountain or Beach? Preferably some where there is both, like in Scandinavian countries, but I do like my tropical sandy beaches.

Sweet or Salty? I do like chocolate covered cherries and eggnog flavored cheesecake, but over all, I'd have to say Salty. Saltine Crackers and Pretzels FTW.
Name: James
Eye Color: Brown
How many & what kind of pets do you have? 1 rabbit, 1 goldfish (11 years old)
What's your job? None (Student)
What's your Dream Job? Wizard (or scientist, if we're talking about real jobs)
What instruments do you play? None really, but I learnt the tetris theme on keyboard/piano ^^
What are your hobbies? WoW, Warhammer, Magic: the Gathering
What are your goals? Learn stuff.
Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? Highly unlikely.
What kind of books and/or magazines do you read? Not very many, unfortunately
Three words describe yourself? Quiet, Logic, Badatpickingwordstodescribemyself
What is a topic you wish you knew more about? I'd happily listen to/read about most topics.
What do you daydream about? Some odd trains of thought that start off relavent to something but slowly get more and more random.
What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? Agnostic. Don't believe in souls.
Shy or Outgoing? Shy, mostly.
Spender or Saver? Saver.
Truth or Dare? Is 'flee' an option? No? Ok then, dare.
Books or Movies? Depends on what the story is.
Romantic Comedy or Action Adventure? Action adventure.
Cats or Dogs? Cats.
Mountain or Beach? Beach with cliffs.
Sweet or Salty? Sweet.
Name: Bri
Eye Color: green
How many & what kind of pets do you have? I have a bunny his name is Muffin and he is a chubby bunny.
What's your job? professional teenager
What's your Dream Job? I wanna be an artist, but that wont happen cos I need to survive
What instruments do you play? I play the clarinet and the ukulele (weird pair)
What are your hobbies? reading, writing, nerdfighting, and being boring
What are your goals? I want to move to England! (because I love me some limeys!)
Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? YES YES YES!
What kind of books and/or magazines do you read? I like pretty much any kind of book. I don't read magazines.
Three words describe yourself? clever, funny, and random
What is a topic you wish you knew more about? philosophy ^_^
What do you daydream about? errm boys probably, yeah boys.
What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? atheist and proud of it.
Shy or Outgoing? super shy.
Spender or Saver? spender. by the way can I borrow some money?
Truth or Dare? truth, I am not one to hide things so that's easier for me.
Books or Movies? depends.
Romantic Comedy or Action Adventure? documentary? lol jk romantic comedy
Cats or Dogs? CATS! I don't like dogs.
Mountain or Beach? beach. because mountains require hiking and I am lazy.
Sweet or Salty? Can I haz both?
Name: Rachael but most people call me Squish
Eye Color: Green
How many & what kind of pets do you have? 2 cats. But i want a puppy sooooo badly!
What's your job? Student. No one will give me a job! D:
What's your Dream Job? Director or Pathologist
What instruments do you play? Tin whistle and piano (badly)
What are your hobbies? Reading, writing, watching films, listening to music, nerdfighting and procrastinating.
What are your goals? TO FINISH MY COURSEWORK! But thats not going to happen. And visit Japan.
Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? Yeah! Bring it on.
What kind of books and/or magazines do you read? Empire magazine and any type of book, i'm currently reading Howls moving castle, an abundance of Katherine's and Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk.
Three words describe yourself? Nerd, Random, Pineapple.
What is a topic you wish you knew more about? Psychology
What do you daydream about? Copious things ranging from what i'm doing tomorrow, to Pandas and Penguins joining forces to take over the earth. Why yes i do need help.
What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? Currently on the fence. But not a literal fence, they're uncomfortable and tend to be in places with no internet connection.
Shy or Outgoing? Depends on the situation.
Spender or Saver? Spender. Does anyone wanna lend me some money? I'm good for it, i swear.
Truth or Dare? Dare. They make the best stories.
Books or Movies? I feel like as i'm currently pursuing a career in media i should say movies. But we all know thats a lie. Books all the way.
Romantic Comedy or Action Adventure? Action Comedy. Take that!
Cats or Dogs? PUPPIES!
Mountain or Beach? I like mountains, but i'm way too lazy. so its gonna have to be beach. Sorry mountains!
Sweet or Salty? Sweet.
Oh, good idea!

Name: Tova
Eye Color: Blue
How many & what kind of pets do you have? - One guinea pig.
What's your job? - To be awesome. Or... go to school.
What's your Dream Job? - Photographer.
What instruments do you play? - Bass (and nothing else).
What are your hobbies? - Photography, reading, writing, grammar, music, facts, art-ish stuff (I don't draw, I only edit photos, sometimes until they become something else. I believe they're called "pictures".) Etc.
What are your goals? - To be happy. Not always, but as often as I can. To do something awesome sometime. Preferably a lot of times. To "love and be loved". (Oh cliches, how I love you.)
Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? - I wish I would, but I would not. Ever, probably.
What kind of books and/or magazines do you read? - Stephen King, Chuck Palahniuk, plus classics. I don't know if that could fit into one category.
Three words describe yourself? - (Major problem doing this ---> getting help from friends. ---> Writing what they tell me to.) Stubborn, clever and kind.
What is a topic you wish you knew more about? - EVERYTHING. But... I guess I could say history is a topic and choose that one.
What do you daydream about? - Meeting people I admire, falling in love, being hurt, being angry, being admired, being sad, saving the world, being the witness of a horrible death, things that I want to happen, things I don't want to happen, things that will happen... Daydreaming is just another way of thinking to me. It doesn't have to be pleasant.
What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? - I believe I have no idea if there is a god. I also believe it would be strange if thousands of people just happened to have the same image of who god is, if he is at all, so I remain a skeptic when it comes to religion. And oh, all the opression and such also has a bit to do with that skepticism.
Shy or Outgoing? - Both.
Spender or Saver? - Both.
Truth or Dare? Truth.
Books or Movies? Jesus... Not that he has anything to do with this. I guess I'd say books, because I don't collect movies and drool over how my movieshelf looks with all those pretty movies in it...
Romantic Comedy or Action Adventure? - Romantic comedy. I'm so very sorry, but I enjoy unrealistic movies about fuzzy things more than unrealistic movies about things being blown up. Unless it's action in the way that Fight club and Snatch is action.
Cats or Dogs? - Dogs.
Mountain or Beach? - Can I say neither? Or both? Hmmm... I'm guessing the beach comes with an ocean, and I really like the ocean - as long as I don't have to swim in it - so beach it is.
Sweet or Salty? - Salty. Because food is tastier than candy.

Now give me friends!
(That's how it works, right?)
Name: Anita
Eye Color: Brown
How many & what kind of pets do you have? A jack russell named Joey and multiple family fish that are nameless
What's your job? Still in school
What's your Dream Job? Archaeologist/treasure hunter/spy (key word "dream" ;))
What instruments do you play? Trumpet and Piano though I suck at both :( I'm better at trumpet though
What are your hobbies? Reading, collecting flowers on the sidewalk, posting anonymous sticky-notes for neighbours
What are your goals? Alrighty, I want to because successful enough to be invited to a TED conference :) Either that or become rich enough through my job and achieve enough in that field to be able to apply for a membership and pay my way in.
Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? Hmm, it does sound appealing but at this point in time, probably not.
What kind of books and/or magazines do you read? I love books which are set in another country and uses words from the native language :) Historical fiction is good and so is Sci-fi and just classics in general.
Three words describe yourself? Ambitious, geeky and bad-at-math (ha, i've linked them together with hyphons so i'm safe :))
What is a topic you wish you knew more about? Politics :( and math.
What do you daydream about? Being a spy ;)
What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? er, not present.
Shy or Outgoing? Outgoing (though occasionally shy to certain people. If i'm shy when I first meet you, I will stubbornly stay shy and aloof to you forever, I can't help it :( )
Spender or Saver? Ha, well saver with the occasional splurge
Truth or Dare? DARE
Books or Movies? BOOKS
Romantic Comedy or Action Adventure? Action adventure
Cats or Dogs? Dogs, of course.
Mountain or Beach? Mountain
Sweet or Salty? I've got a sweet tooth :) In fact i'd happily just live off dessert for the rest of my life and not touch salty food ever again.
Name: Frances
Eye Color: brown
How many & what kind of pets do you have? 1 cat called Smudge. She's quite old
What's your job? Going to school
What's your Dream Job? writer
What instruments do you play? none
What are your hobbies? writing, art, dancing daydreaming
What are your goals? Either to be a successful writer or happily married with kids. preferably both
Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? no but I so want to
What kind of books and/or magazines do you read? Good, I'll read anything.
Three words describe yourself? quiet, eccentric, emotional 
What is a topic you wish you knew more about? History
What do you daydream about? everything and anything. Many sci-fi.
What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? Christian, not confirmed.
Shy or Outgoing? shy
Spender or Saver? varies on time of year
Truth or Dare? truth
Books or Movies? movies
Romantic Comedy or Action Adventure? romantic comedy
Cats or Dogs? cats
Mountain or Beach? beach
Sweet or Salty? sweet

Name: Rhiannon

Eye Color: Red (mwahahaha, nah I kid they are kinda green grey)

How many & what kind of pets do you have? Dogs, two of them, they look like wet rats though

What's your job? McDonald’s, raising the obesity count one fat kid at a time

What's your Dream Job? Journalist or radio script writer

What instruments do you play? The vocal cords

What are your hobbies? Reading, gaming, youtube, researching, exploring and movies.

What are your goals? To have a life I’d like to see again.

Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? Uhh if you push me

What kind of books and/or magazines do you read? Sci fi (Ready Player One), fantasy comedies (Terry Pratchett)(no vampires or werewolves), fictional real life stuff and Roald Dahl and Dr Suess.

Three words describe yourself? Okay.

What is a topic you wish you knew more about? Science and gaming. I wish I was a better gamer.

What do you daydream about? Gerard Way and other Gerards.

What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? Raised an atheist became an agnostic. (saw Donnie Darko when I was 11 and voila)

Shy or Outgoing? Depends on the situation.

Spender or Saver? Saver unless I’m buying food.

Truth or Dare? Dare, Truths are normally pretty boring.

Books or Movies? Books first then movies a very close second.

Romantic Comedy or Action Adventure? Action Adventure

Cats or Dogs? Dogs.

Mountain or Beach? Beach, less walking

Sweet or Salty? Salty. (bacon and pork dumplings and nom nom nom)

Name: Paul aka Alexthekid 
Eye Color: Brown like chocolate.
How many & what kind of pets do you have? 1 cat
What's your job? bunnings staff team member
What's your Dream Job? Pokemon Master.
What instruments do you play? The ps3, pc, gameboy, psp, DS.
What are your hobbies? Video games, theism, general technology, collecting records, collecting old worn books.
What are your goals? To make enough money to move out within the next few years of my university course.
Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? both, at the same time. Like a boss.
What kind of books and/or magazines do you read? game informer for magazines, and as far as books go most anything that is considered a 'classic'

Three words describe yourself? tall, dark, handsome Like a boss.
What is a topic you wish you knew more about? Science, all fields and all aspects.
What do you daydream about? jellybeans a girl. she knows who she is :)
What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? I have no supernatural beliefs. as such i would describe myself as being an atheist

Shy or Outgoing? shygoing?
Spender or Saver? Spender :(
Truth or Dare? "say what again I dare you,I double dare you mother-fucker"
Books or Movies? Movies not based on books
Romantic Comedy or Action Adventure? romcom and action adventure.
Cats or Dogs? Catdog.
Mountain or Beach? beach, i don't believe in mountains.
Sweet or Salty? Neither, Savoury 

Name: Jules
Eye Color: Green
How many & what kind of pets do you have? 2 Cats
What's your job? Retail
What's your Dream Job? Any kind of artist or working with animals
What instruments do you play? Guitar and Drums
What are your hobbies? Writing and Drawing
What are your goals? Move to England
Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? Yes
What kind of books and/or magazines do you read? Anything that catches my eye
Three words describe yourself? Compassionate, Ambitious, Shy
What is a topic you wish you knew more about? Politics
What do you daydream about? Possible Novel Ideas
What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? I dabble in Buddhism 
Shy or Outgoing? Shy
Spender or Saver? Saver
Truth or Dare? Truth
Books or Movies? Books
Romantic Comedy or Action Adventure? Romantic Comedy
Cats or Dogs? Dogs
Mountain or Beach? Moutain
Sweet or Salty? Sweet

Name: Lea Johnson

Eye Color: dark blue

How many & what kind of pets do you have? I have one and that is my cat

What's your job? Student

What's your Dream Job? Journalist, but as a serious one

What instruments do you play? Saxophone and keyboard

What are your hobbies? Reading, Writing, Chess and studying interesting topics                                                     

What are your goals? To have a memorable life, in which I had a job I loved while I helped against world suck        

Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? When I'm in a suicidal mood, ask me agian, ok?                                                  

What kind of books and/or magazines do you read? Books of all kinds (fantasy, science fiction, science, historical, psychological,...ect.) Magazines about History, Science or Psychology and sometimes about Politic.                        

Three words describe yourself? nice, intelligent, shy                                                                                                                                           

What is a topic you wish you knew more about? Chaostheory                                                                                         

What do you daydream about? Sometimes a daydream about being in different 'worlds' (Discworld, Enterprise, Gotham,,...) and making storys up about these 'worlds'                                                                                         

What are your religious/spiritual beliefs? Christian.                                                                                                          

Shy or Outgoing? Shy

Spender or Saver? Saver

Truth or Dare? Truth

Books or Movies? Books

Romantic Comedy or Action Adventure? Action Adventure

Cats or Dogs? Cats

Mountain or Beach? Which Country?

Sweet or Salty? Sweet

RSS

Youtube Links!

Here are some YT links to channels related to Nerdfighteria and educational content!

*Can you think of any more? Pass along any suggestions to an Admin who will then add it to this list should it fit!

© 2014   Created by Hank Green.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service