This is Margie and me returning from the FAC at about 7pm tonight. In case you don't know, it's incredibly cold outside here in Iowa! There was a wind chill of -24F at noon today! (And you can't really tell, but both Margie and I are wearing two… Continue
Added by Schnoebunny on February 10, 2008 at 11:14pm —
So I don't have time to do a full blown entry, but i did want to say that STELLLLLAA and I have started a youtube communication thing together, which should be very fun! We've made a couple of videos so far and are going to be making a lot more. We don't know exactly how long yet. Here's a link!
Added by Luna on February 10, 2008 at 11:12pm —
Some people annoy me, and some people don't. That's a fact, and if there is seriously no one in your life who annoys you, you don't know how lucky you are. There is a girl in my group of friends at school whose every word annoys me. This started last year, and I have no idea why she gets to me now, but whatever. I won't go into too much detail. But anyway, on Saturday I went to an 18th, and said person had WAY too much to drink. I have no idea why. That made her more annoying and very moody.… Continue
Added by Leah on February 10, 2008 at 10:04pm —
(this post comes to you in 5 parts)
I was tagged by Teeter so here goes:
#1- Until I was about 18 I had a supremely debilitating fear of escalators
. I would ALWAYS take the stairs. It wasn't so much the ride, it was getting ON and OFF. I would stand at the bottom (or top), let the rail run through my hands and hover my foot, letting about 15 steps go by before I actually was confident to step on. I still do it sometimes now, but the difference is that I don't cry at the… Continue
Added by TiffanyTuba on February 10, 2008 at 9:59pm —
Tagged - I have been tagged - and yes, it does sort of feel like being picked for the team at kickball!
Five things about me that you probably don't know:
1) I subscribe to the NewYorker - which I read only for David Sedaris and the cartoons, but pretend somehow that it makes me intellectual~
2) I am 'learning disabled' for lack of a better term - along with ADD, I have what is commonly called dysgraphia - or writing dyslexia. It is sort of like there is a disconnect… Continue
Added by Tracy on February 10, 2008 at 9:39pm —
Nerdfighters, the Chicago Tribune has started a new contest with our name all over it!
The idea is to create a diorama involving the creative use of Peeps. Recreate a historical event, something from pop culture, anything. The only rule is that your box can't be any larger than a microwave, and it's not limited to Chicago nerdfighters, anyone from anywhere can participate.
The prize they give is $101, but the true prize would be Nerdfighter pride if one of our own won the… Continue
Added by Margaux Clair on February 10, 2008 at 7:52pm —
Ok, so freewebs can't let my blog be seen so I will attempt to blog random theater things on here! HOPEFULLY it will work!
Added by Sidney on February 10, 2008 at 7:50pm —
During the last few weeks, my roomate and I have been watching the series Cowboy Bebop. Normally I am ot a huge fan of anime, but I have loved this show ever since I first saw it when I was about 14 or so. Not only does this series have amazing music (the Seabelts are the best jazz band, or at least pretty close), but the characters are deep and the story is amazingly sad. It brings out the importance of camaraderie and belonging. Many times it…
Added by Brittany on February 10, 2008 at 7:18pm —
tagged me, so here are five things you may not know about me:
1. I've been a vegetarian since I was 14. Back then it was more about the ethics than it is now, but it's always been partly because I'm a picky eater.
2. I hate onions in all forms except those where their texture is impossible to discern.
3. I like to curse.
4. I had LASIK a few years ago and no longer wear glasses or… Continue
Added by Anne the Librarian on February 10, 2008 at 6:58pm —
So, I was just sitting here and all of a sudden WAM!!! I gaet an E-Mail from Sir Gawyn... So here I am, caught in trap... HELP ME!!!
Added by Müffin Man on February 10, 2008 at 5:24pm —
1) My hands are genetically reccessive. All that really means is my pointer finger on both hands are shorter than my ring fingers on both hands. If I were to be a man, I would be dominant. I have no idea why that is, Star and Taggart did not tell me.
2) I have quite a few neoplasms. Don't feak out! they are only moles.
3) I acctually like to cook, bake, and knitt. And I don't like it when people ask if I plan to be a housewife.
4) I am a little freaked out by the thought… Continue
Added by Shelby Beauchamp on February 10, 2008 at 4:57pm —
Well, I'm trying to wean Benjamin from Breast Feeding (the 7th of Feb was his 1st birthday) and it's hard. I'm trying to cut it to just before nap time/bed time . Sometimes he will just cry until I let him feed but I am making headway.
Added by Elizabeth on February 10, 2008 at 4:01pm —
Yesterday I took a day trip with some friends down to Victoria, which was INCREDIBLY fun.
However, this blog post is not about how awesome it was. It's about the Glossary we began constructing during brekkie at Smitty's while we were being badserviced. So, in no perticular order I give you a list of words and terms you should be familiar with (complete with examples, where necessary!)
Shamiriquoi: fat that jiggles when you walk. Named after a women who was most… Continue
Added by dingledongle on February 10, 2008 at 3:53pm —
Five things no-one in my pants knows about me.
1) I love Sailor Moon
2) I have an anxiety disorder.
3) I have two gerbils named after John and Hank
4) I was recently banned from my pants. *Hank UNBAN me already *cries*
5) I drink green tea ... excessivly
Added by Megan Parchem on February 10, 2008 at 3:47pm —
I was just tagged by the one and only H-L ( Heather-Lynn), admin of My Pants, and I guess I should go now.
Five things no-one knows about me.
1) I'm taking my black belt in TaeKwonDo this April.
2) I absolutely LOVE Yael Naim.
3) I'm taking an A-Level next year. (My GCSE year)
4) I spend roughly 3+ hours a day in my pants.
5) Over the summer holidays I gained over 3000 posts and spent over 9 hours a day in my pants.
Well, that's… Continue
Added by Luquos on February 10, 2008 at 3:33pm —
Okay, PogoFONG tagged me a long time ago, and I'm finally going to respond. Hmm, is this supposed to be five things that most of you don't know about me, or five things that most friends and/or acquaintances don't know about me? Well, maybe it will be a mix...
- Many people don't know that although Ed and I have been married for 26 years, I had been married before, when I was too young to know better! Thankfully, there…
Added by Ann on February 10, 2008 at 2:55pm —
1. 3 blog posts in one day, and only one of them was complaining!
2. My friends have been supportive beyond all measure, and I love them very much.
3. I rang my boss to get the day off, (Wee bit short notice) and couldn't get through to her, so rang 2nd in command, who was like "Of course you need to go, we'll cover it, no problem. And if you're too tired on Wednesday, don't come in." See 'Awesomeness #1' for how much I love those guys.
4. I bought an X-Box 360, and got… Continue
Added by Kate on February 10, 2008 at 12:00pm —
To my made-of-awesome nerdfighter friends
My own personal philosophy: Temporarily increasing one's own personal suck levels can decrease the overall worldsuck levels. Last week I told you that while my friends aren't here every Sunday I go out and take a walk. Well this week my family needed a few things from the store so I just thought I'd pick them up on the way. Biggest problem: This was NOT a nice day in February! Windy...like holy fuggin whoa windy. I… Continue
Added by Gwen on February 10, 2008 at 11:48am —
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." ~Groucho Marx
"If common sense is so common, then why don't more people have it?" ~Unknown
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." ~Unknown
"There's always room for jello." ~Bill Cosby
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights make an… Continue
Added by Jessie on February 10, 2008 at 11:30am —
Hay, Old Nerdfighters, I wanted to guide anyone who hasn't watched these 5 yet, to their YouTube page. These are 5 amazingly smart, talented, YOUNG girls who were inspired by john & hank to get to know one another better via daily vlog. The girls are spread out all over the US and each take one day of the week, sharing their great musical talents, quirky personalities, random challenges and essentially invite us into their lives.… Continue
Added by kdot (keeley) on February 10, 2008 at 11:02am —