Nerdfighters, the Chicago Tribune has started a new contest with our name all over it!
The idea is to create a diorama involving the creative use of Peeps. Recreate a historical event, something from pop culture, anything. The only rule is that your box can't be any larger than a microwave, and it's not limited to Chicago nerdfighters, anyone from anywhere can participate.
The prize they give is $101, but the true prize would be Nerdfighter pride if one of our own won the…Continue
Added by Sidney on February 10, 2008 at 7:50pm — No Comments
During the last few weeks, my roomate and I have been watching the series Cowboy Bebop. Normally I am ot a huge fan of anime, but I have loved this show ever since I first saw it when I was about 14 or so. Not only does this series have amazing music (the Seabelts are the best jazz band, or at least pretty close), but the characters are deep and the story is amazingly sad. It brings out the importance of camaraderie and belonging. Many times it…
Added by Anne the Librarian on February 10, 2008 at 6:58pm — No Comments
Added by Müffin Man on February 10, 2008 at 5:24pm — No Comments
1) My hands are genetically reccessive. All that really means is my pointer finger on both hands are shorter than my ring fingers on both hands. If I were to be a man, I would be dominant. I have no idea why that is, Star and Taggart did not tell me.
2) I have quite a few neoplasms. Don't feak out! they are only moles.
3) I acctually like to cook, bake, and knitt. And I don't like it when people ask if I plan to be a housewife.
4) I am a little freaked out by the thought…Continue
Yesterday I took a day trip with some friends down to Victoria, which was INCREDIBLY fun.
However, this blog post is not about how awesome it was. It's about the Glossary we began constructing during brekkie at Smitty's while we were being badserviced. So, in no perticular order I give you a list of words and terms you should be familiar with (complete with examples, where necessary!)
Shamiriquoi: fat that jiggles when you walk. Named after a women who was most…Continue
1. 3 blog posts in one day, and only one of them was complaining!
2. My friends have been supportive beyond all measure, and I love them very much.
3. I rang my boss to get the day off, (Wee bit short notice) and couldn't get through to her, so rang 2nd in command, who was like "Of course you need to go, we'll cover it, no problem. And if you're too tired on Wednesday, don't come in." See 'Awesomeness #1' for how much I love those guys.
4. I bought an X-Box 360, and got…Continue
Added by Kate on February 10, 2008 at 12:00pm — No Comments
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." ~Groucho Marx
"If common sense is so common, then why don't more people have it?" ~Unknown
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." ~Unknown
"There's always room for jello." ~Bill Cosby
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights make an…Continue
Hay, Old Nerdfighters, I wanted to guide anyone who hasn't watched these 5 yet, to their YouTube page. These are 5 amazingly smart, talented, YOUNG girls who were inspired by john & hank to get to know one another better via daily vlog. The girls are spread out all over the US and each take one day of the week, sharing their great musical talents, quirky personalities, random challenges and essentially invite us into their lives.…Continue
Last night I went to the Tokio Hotel concert in Montreal. Although the venue wasn't all that big, it was awesome. I feel that it was better that way. Was a lot more personal. Amongst the chanting of "tokio hotel' with a french accent, I couldn't believe that I was seeing my all time favoutite band LIVE. I was super excited. It's amazing how music can make you forget about "all the sh** going on out there" (Bill, Tokio Hotel). Thinking about the concert and the fact that they've come all the…Continue
Added by Teeter on February 10, 2008 at 8:05am — No Comments
Yesterday was also awesome! We had a road trip to gather resources for the Church Easter club, but we also went to Dartmoor in search of snow, unfortunatly it hasn't been cold enough for any of the white stuff, but we had great fun climbing up Sheepstor instead and lounging about like lions on pride rock! We played a very fun game where you lie on your back on the top of a tor and let your head fall backwads so you can see everything upsidedown, for some reason its reeaaaly freaky! Maybe its…Continue
Added by Anne-Marie on February 10, 2008 at 8:00am — No Comments