...not even here a full day and I've already been tagged with the five interesting things challenge. Yeesh.
Very well, I will indulge you, nerdfighters. This list was actually written a while back on my myspace page, so forgive me for not having fresh material (I'm tired and very uninspired)...although the original challenge was 6 things, so you get a freebie. Perhaps I'll list 5 other things in a few days.
So without further ado...
1) I cannot STAND people touching or otherwise messing with the pillow I lay my head on at night. In any way. Unless, of course, you're sleeping with me. Then it's ok, but even then...you can't put your feet on it...ever. No feet ever. I put my head on it every night, so don't mess with it.
2) On a semi-regular basis for small amounts of time, I will imagine I'm being monitored by some hidden camera, and adjust my actions accordingly. This happens at really random times, and I've done it since childhood. I think it started as a game I was playing with myself one day and developed into a mild neurosis.
3) Speaking of insane...when I was in 1st grade my class went to our library for a tour of it (first time ever going to one). At one point our tour guide had us stop and look around and try to point out as many faces as we could in the objects around us. To this day I have no idea WHY she told us to do this. Up until a few years ago I compulsively did this all the time. Whenever I got stuck in traffic I'd see a face from the tail-lights and bumper of the car in front of me. I'd go home and see a face in the dots on the microwave door. I saw faces everywhere...and what made it worse...sometimes I'd imagine those faces had personalities...so basically like the objects i saw faces on were actual beings. Yeah, screwed up, right? Thanks, crazy librarian lady.
4) When I was in elementary school I would construct elaborate lies about all kinds of things. I told my parents once that there was a secret level beneath my school that was like a huge playground where they sent good children to play for hours if they did well on their tests. I told a good friend of mine that my Uncle had his own F-14 and it was parked on a secret second driveway (how a second driveway in the burbs can be kept a secret is beyond me). It was also painted with tiger stripes. I also told him I had a polaroid of Santa in a safe in my attic, but couldn't show it to anyone because I had forgotten the combination. When I told these stories I must've done a convincing job because the victims of these blatant lies believed me (or at least, I believed that they believed).
5) Until the ripe old age of 12, I believed that women gave birth to babies when the young tore out of their mothers' stomachs (the movie aliens had a profound effect on my youth...this is why 6 year olds should not watch rated R movies). How the mothers ever safely recovered from this terrible circumstance remained a mystery. My parents kept me from going to sex-ed classes until they heard of my beliefs...then the ban was mysteriously lifted. Hooray for sex-ed (the movies were still terrible though).
6) On very rare occasions I will have dreams where everyone speaks german. Granted, I took german for 6 years, but I can't remember a damn thing except how to count. These dreams are definitely in german though...in my dreams it feels natural but even then I'm not sure what's being said...and it's all german that is grammatically correct and makes sense...I've woken up with bits of the dialogue in my head, written it down, and later translated it...only to find out it makes perfect sense. Crazy, but true I promise you. It's always just mundane stuff though...sorry, no dream prophesies here.