Written/Complied by Foggy City Mommy
Slightly editted by Katherine
* A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles then any wonder drug.
* Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.
* Sometimes, you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.
* It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live
* Smile pretty and watch your back
* Life is not measured by the number of breathes you take, but by the moments that take your breath away
* Barn’s burnt down, now I can see the stars
* Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
* If you are going through hell, keep going
* Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.
* To understand everything is to forgive everything
* If I know what love is, it is because of you
* Wisdom too often never comes, and so one ought not to reject it merely because it comes late
* There are many things we hate in others in order not to have to hate them in ourselves
* Count your smiles instead of your tears; Count your courage instead of your fears.
* Some people are afraid of what they might find if they try to analyze themselves too much, but you have to crawl into your wounds to discover where your fears are. Once the bleeding starts, the cleansing can begin.
* Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
* A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker
* The journey of a thousand leagues begins with a single step.
* He who is small in faith will never be great in anything but failure.
* You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger
* Even places of profound darkness can be flooded with light
* Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars
* Time heals all wounds
* She’s been everybody else’s girl maybe one day she’ll be her own
* Sometimes you have to do what you don’t like to get to where you want to be
* Hold on, hold on to yourself, for this is gonna hurt like hell.
* True friendship is seen through the heart, not through the eyes.
* Let it be
* Well behaved women rarely make history
* Don’t hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love
* Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly
* When the heart speaks, take good notes
* You have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars and change the world
* Everything happens for a reason
* A misty morning does not signify a cloudy day.
* Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
* Follow your dreams, transform your life
* In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity
* Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should…
* What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
* Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you.
* Your children need your presence more than your presents.
* Take pride in how far you have come, and have faith in how far you can go
* One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star
* When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on
* Never quit believing in yourself
* Leap and the net will appear
* No day but today
* In the end, only kindness matters
* How did it go so fast? We’ll say as we are looking back and then we’ll understand that we held gold dust in our hands
* fall in love or fall in hate. get inspired or get depressed. ace a test or flunk a class. make babies or make art. speak the truth or lie and cheat. dance on the tables or sit in the corner. life is divine chaos. embrace it. forgive yourself. breathe. and enjoy the ride
* Never deprive someone of hope, it may be all they have left.
* There’s only now there’s only here, give in to love or live in fear
* Seek the wisdom of the ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child.
* Now you’re sleeping peaceful and I lie awake and pray that you’ll be strong tomorrow and we’ll see another day
* If you see the wonder of a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail
* I trust my soul, my only goal is just to be
* A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it
* There are two lasting bequests we can give our children: One is roots, the other is wings
* It’s never clear what would come next but that’s the risk and that’s the test.
* Poverty stole my golden shoes, it didn’t steal my laughter
* You see, in the final analysis, it was between you and god. It wasn’t between you and them anyway.
* Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.
This is one of the most wonderous blog posts I have ever read. I am sharing it here because I think even Nerdfighters need a reminder to live sometimes.