Due to never being able to keep a New Years resolution I have decided to do something a little different this year. New Year challenges. This basically means giving myself a list of challenges that I try and attempt throughout the year. One of which is starting and maintaining a blog. So here I am. I am going to use this blog to track my progress over the year in my challenges as well as posting some other random stuff (mostly rants) for my own, and possibly others, amusement.
Anyway, the challenges I have set for myself this year are:
I’ve decided to dedicate this first blog post to talking about why I have chosen to do these.
1. I chose to do the 50 book challenge this year because I normally only manage to get through about 20-30 books a year and want to try and beat that. 50 is the most popular number for this challenge so I decided to go with that. As I am writing this it is the 5th of January and I have read a total of zero book. So yeah, good start.
2. I hardly ever watch films or TV so I decided to set myself this challenge to pretty much make myself. I know I like to watch films but I always put it off so here is the incentive. I also have very little to talk about with people since I take no interest in TV and sport so this might finally give me something to talk about. Yaaay.
3. This challenge is here because I have not visited many places in my 17 years on the planet. Family holidays were spent around the beach and we never really visit anywhere. I now have a job, which means money and an opportunity to go see some awesome places. This will be the challenge I keep updated on this blog the most.
4. I attempted Nanowrimo this year but got about 100 words in and failed so my challenge this year is to reattempt it and get a good amount of the way in, or if I’m lucky, finish it.
5. Well this one is pretty much what I’m doing here, keep checking my blog out for general progress with this one.
6. I’m an English student who wants to go into journalism yet I hardly ever write, which means my writing sucks. Basically I need to get better at it.
7. I don’t sleep enough on week days but too much on weekends. This is just making sure I’m not tired at school and then wasting my weekends. Boooooring.
8. Finally taking more photos. I want to do this as I enjoy it and have a nice camera. It will be fun. Don’t judge me.
So there we have it, my New Years challenges, I will hopefully post on here at least once a week throughout the year and then see where it goes after that. Come back if I’ve managed to grab your interest and uhhh DFTBA!